fabi12

Our new gray bathroom

Fabdecor
9 år sedan
Last fall we finally remodeled our dated 70s tiny bathroom. Our house a traditional/timeless vibe to it but I wanted to have a modern bathroom with clean lines and all gray! so, after looking around for a contractor and when they throw us a huge number for such a small bathroom we decide to take matters in our hand. My husband demolished all there was in the bathroom and I went into designing it. W e hire a great tiler and peaked our tiles and end up even have vanity custom made which surprisingly cost the same as store bought. today, I love my bathroom so that I am afraid of installing accessories that should be mounted on walls (can not face putting holes in my beautiful tiles!)
please,let me know what you think

Kommentarer (63)

• Aline Atallah
    9 år sedan
    Niceee
    Fabdecor thanked Aline Atallah
  • muhammadnaveel
    9 år sedan
    What is the tile Name?
    Fabdecor thanked muhammadnaveel
  • PRO
    GP
    9 år sedan
    Nice simple tranformation ... but i never liked that style of bath enclosure ... half? splashes, splashes, splashes when you shower ... floor would always be wet
    Fabdecor thanked GP
  • Steven Emmanuel Cuevas Marmol
    9 år sedan
    O Wow nice
    Fabdecor thanked Steven Emmanuel Cuevas Marmol
  • babzie933
    9 år sedan
    Stunning!
    Fabdecor thanked babzie933
  • hushinfazen
    9 år sedan
    Really great job!!!!
    Fabdecor thanked hushinfazen
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! @Dyna Hone: that was my concern with this type of shower doors as well but surprisingly its very manageable and not so much splashing!!!
  • JK Dean
    9 år sedan
    Just amazing!
    Fabdecor thanked JK Dean
  • PRO
    DH Design
    9 år sedan
    easy...just buy a standing t-paper holder and place next to the toilet and install a towel bar on the front or the side of the vanity for easy access. Looks beautiful!
    Fabdecor thanked DH Design
  • marie404
    9 år sedan
    We are looking at the same tiles for our bathroom. Are they from Cancos?
    Fabdecor thanked marie404
  • Barbara King_Searles
    9 år sedan
    I think you could hire someone who has the proper drill bits and do something like this to take the room to the next level....a couple of well placed hooks and the vertical towel rack. Think high end hotel.....
    master bathroom · Mer info
    Fabdecor thanked Barbara King_Searles
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @Diane : I did the same but considering my tiny space ,its just taking up some more space ...otherwise,yes, I have free stand towel bar and t-paper holder .thanks!
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @Barbara: looks good! we bought the special diamond drill bit but have no courage!!!!LOL
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @ marie404: I bought them from Bedrosian tiles & stones. they come in semi gloss as the one we got. very glossy ones have high maintenance issue!
  • Barbara King_Searles
    9 år sedan
    lol...you are much braver than most of us....go for it :)
    Fabdecor thanked Barbara King_Searles
  • Laurel Ennis
    9 år sedan
    Nice. Does that cool glass shower guard really keep water from getting out of the tub? It looks cool; it would be great if it worked.
    Fabdecor thanked Laurel Ennis
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @Laurel: It is not 100% splash proof but ad I said its very manageable!I just briefly dry the floor after shower,its just few drops ,not much water really!
  • Maggie
    9 år sedan
    beautiful transformation! I love the shower glass - it makes a huge difference and I almost did not notice that there is a bathtub in there :)) do you have any plans for the window? - as your neighbour's windows seem to be right outside.
    Fabdecor thanked Maggie
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @maggiepr: windows are tinted but I am very self-aware of that very much. I am planning to put blinds or a roman shade or just decorative window film. Don't think curtain will be a good choice for modern bathroom. what do you think?
  • Cheryl Lunetta
    9 år sedan
    Love it......nice update!!!
    Fabdecor thanked Cheryl Lunetta
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    9 år sedan
    I would use the light filtering white cling film it will give you privacy, but not totally block the natural light, here's one site, but I am sure many other places carry it as well! http://windowfilmworld.com/spectrum-window-film.htm
    Fabdecor thanked Stamps Design Services
  • Jennifer Weis
    9 år sedan
    We have a similar floor plan in our master bath. Thank you so much for sharing your pics.
    It looks amazing.
    Fabdecor thanked Jennifer Weis
  • Valerie
    9 år sedan
    Very nice. I love that half glass wall on the tub. I've seen quite a few of those lately. I would not be okay with using one in our current home, because the one bathroom with a full tub is for the children, so I'll stick with a curtain. And the other showers are too small to get away with only half glass, but I do love them.
    Fabdecor thanked Valerie
  • betsyminkel
    9 år sedan
    So what if the water splashes onto the floor....it's tile. Does not matter if you are wiping down walls or floor. We have a large walk in shower with an open 4th side and once in awhile, depending how you stand under the head, the floor may get a few sprinkles. I have dripped more on the floor when I have wet hair.
    Fabdecor thanked betsyminkel
  • lebuc
    9 år sedan
    looks amazing! love the tile - very nice job!!
    Fabdecor thanked lebuc
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Great job! I love the new shower. Do you have any more pictures?
    Fabdecor thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @123remodeling: sure ! I will post some tonight
  • PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    9 år sedan
    Nice aesthetic!!! I too would probably do window film. One thing I would have done differently though...I would have run the floor tile going "east & west" rather than "north & south" just to visually widen the room a bit. But it looks GREAT!!!
    Fabdecor thanked OasisDesign&Remodeling
  • PRO
    A & D Glass Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Beautiful! I love the pattern of the splash panel - very original.
    Fabdecor thanked A & D Glass Inc.
  • Grace Willaford
    9 år sedan
    Gorgeous!!!! What a difference!!!
    Fabdecor thanked Grace Willaford
  • halfpint2
    9 år sedan
    I absolutely love the tile!! Your bathroom looks amazing, enjoy!!
    Fabdecor thanked halfpint2
  • Kivi
    9 år sedan
    Great job! The bathroom looks great. Window film would be an easy choice, and you can pull it off if you decide on something different later.
    Fabdecor thanked Kivi
  • PRO
    SGDI - Sarah Gallop Design Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Nice Job! Love the full height tile on the walls.
    How about this.? :) A very common bathroom layout we have seen many times.
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @sarah Gallop: looks nice! I am sure its bigger than mine. Interesting, because i thought of glass wall between shower and toilet but problem was pluming and no way to switch it to other wall. To make enough space between vanity and tub we had to order a very narrow 18" vanity! Finding a sink to fit was not easy!!!
  • grobby
    9 år sedan
    Bravo for doing it yourself. It is gorgeous and beautifully designed.
    Fabdecor thanked grobby
  • Fabdecor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    more pictures as requested! thank you everyone for your comments! They give me confidence in my design and ideas to finish it! now I have a question : I have to change the door as well,so would you recommend white door or wood color one? thanks!
  • tooky58
    9 år sedan
    Verly nicely done. Have you considerd free standing storage. A 2 or 3 shelf cart you could fix up yourself- I mean look at what you've aiready done) or maybe a storage ladder ie pottery barn
  • Kivi
    9 år sedan
    As far as the door goes...are you planning on changing other doors in the house? I would make the goal to keep them all the same if there are other doors nearby. Do you have the option of changing the whole door frame? Or have you already tiled that wall also? I certainly don't think you can go wrong with a nicely stained slab wood door, but if I was going to go that route I would be changing the door frames also to be the same finish.
    Fabdecor thanked Kivi
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Very nice job on this it's gorgeous!
  • sabaitis86
    9 år sedan
    Great job! Same layout as our bathroom. We are planning on putting in a pocket door and a double sink. What are the dimensions of your bathroom? Thanks for sharing the pics.
  • Marla
    9 år sedan
    I would most definitely add a few accessories here and there but... To do something on a more "permanent" level, I suggest thinking very carefully about what it is that you want to add in. Accessories can become boring and the beauty part is that you're able to add and subtract accessories to fit your mood and/or seasonal change. I might suggest a more "classic" permanent piece where some slight compromises in the walls, etc., because once you install, it will be much more difficult to swap that up for something different. Good luck. Bathroom is gorgeous and you and your husband should be beaming with pride that you can take all the credit!!!
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 år sedan
    Just bring in accessories on the counter top and the window treatments and rug...but also the essentials of towel bars, and such is a must!
  • sarshouse14
    9 år sedan
    Looks great and love the modern take using the angled glass for the shower.
  • PRO
    South Cypress
    9 år sedan
    Love the tile!
  • PRO
    Shutter Shack
    9 år sedan
    Looks great, congrats, but thinking some 2 1/2" Slat Interior Custom Shutters would be the finishing touch, check it out...
  • kcrossland24
    9 år sedan
    Where did you get all the products? I love the tile and have been looking online forever for someone that has used it for a bathroom. I found that particular tile at home depot. The edges look curved, how did you do that? Was there tile that you could buy that's curved for the edges?
  • phoebie12
    9 år sedan

What a difference. It is gorgeous. The tile work is really lovely.

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    8 år sedan

Nice job!

• Fabdecor
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    @shuttershack thank you for you suggestion! Love it!
  • PRO
    SBA Studios
    8 år sedan

I like it a lot. Nice clean sleek look!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.