tommydboy

Front door color

tommydboy
9 år sedan
Home might look familiar. Earlier post had dark charcoal upper shaker shingle. My wife hated it. I took a hit on this one literally and monetarily. Any suggestions front door color appreciated.
Thankyou!!!!!

Kommentarer (14)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    9 år sedan
    stained wood, or the gray from the garage. craftsman style light fixtures would look really nice here.
  • PRO
    Rococo & Taupe, Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Im more concerned about the yellow banding around the lower section and then the brown stone.. I think the gray shingle is still wrong with the stone color. That being said.. I like the previously mentioned gray from the garage door to help make the gray shingle above make more sense.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9 år sedan
    i think the gray and yellow look great. if you could get a more gray toned stone that would be great. but im sure its too late for that. I dont want you disheartened, it looks great guys.
  • tommydboy
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks for all the advise especially you Flair. We get it and still love it. The house is really a yellow sprawling ranch with addition bonus room. The front door faces the street. The front of the house to the right facing out over Lake Erie. We have skyline views of Buffalo and Niagara Falls. The upper bonus room has porch that is giving us even better views.
  • mmilos
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    I would consider painting the front door a very dark blue - nearly black. Stained wood is another good option.
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    ah lake erie.....love that place! ok, the only thing i will say, is the light fixtures! and so far we only have two up so maybe we can still change those?
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    9 år sedan
  • tommydboy
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Very cool you changed my lights. Like them will share with better half
  • sandradclark
    9 år sedan
    Do it black. Have it professionally painted. You will love it. send photos when done
  • Sandra Conley
    9 år sedan
    Beef up those light fixtures! Will make a huge statement, as well as pull colors together. Love the shingles. Remember...a happy wife makes for a happy life!
  • bevballew
    9 år sedan
    Blue door looks awful. Try a dark gray.
  • nwduck
    9 år sedan
    Keep it simple. Do the front door in the gray of the garage doors. Steel colored pots with plantings come spring/summer on the front with dusty miller and pretty yellow flowers mixed with pinks/blues and all will be well.
  • PRO
    Shannon Nicole Design Co.,LLC
    9 år sedan
    I would suggest you do a black door to compliment the grey/yellow color combination..black is dramatic, adds contrast, and historically has been popular world wide for centuries. It also adds a touch of class without being predictable or trendy. To compliment the black door, add some large black pots (metal/zinc/or ceramic) with a tall green grass or bamboo to balance and add some chic curb appeal for an 'urban' transitional aesthetic..Good luck, SND
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.