sharupop

Which comes first after carpet removal - closet organizer or hardwood

s b
9 år sedan
We are planning to replace our carpet with hardwood floors. I also want to get some closet organizers put in. There is a little carpet in the closet too. Which one needs to be done first?

Thanks for your time.

Kommentarer (5)

• hayleydaniels
    9 år sedan
    You're probably going to want to put down a new subfloor. I would put the hardwood under the organizers so they can be removed in the future if you get tired of them, or a new owner chooses to do so.
  • marilynellis
    9 år sedan
    Floors first.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    9 år sedan
    I'm a tad confused by your posting, but here i go : Do entire floor (wall to wall) with hardwood, Then install the closet or any other built in.
  • PRO
    Dino TURCHI design
    9 år sedan
    Agree with all of the above must complete the flies first closet organizers are something that they feel timeless but really only likely meet your needs at this moment and for the for seeable future a good hardwood floor could have a life of 100 years or more- Who knows maybe you expand that room and take over that space and you don't want chopped up spacers where dividers and organizers used to be or maybe you turn it into a bus or an office or nursery by going wall-to-wall with the flooring you create sucks ability for your future. Enjoy your new floors I love hardwood to you but I must've met there like having children the more you Love them and care for them the harder they become to love and care for and the less patience you grow with them throw up your hands and surrender to them and all nicks and dings you thought you could prevent- Ive recently installed some Italian porcelain tiles in my kitchen that I am loving and amazed at the quality and ability to take abuse. Particularly in the kitchen when I want to initially to go with wood-The bathrooms realistically it was never a consideration but the performance of Italian porcelain floor products has really impressed me.
  • PRO
    Closet America
    9 år sedan
    Hi! We would definitely suggest getting the floors done before you put closet organizers in your home. With our systems, we can even remove the entire organization system when you sell your home and install it in a new space. As previously mentioned having a seamless floor will allow for a more versatile use of your space. Let us know if you have any further questions. If you are around the greater Washington DC, Baltimore, or Northern Virginia area, we'd love to help you design your closet!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.