geriameyer

Updating Golden Oak Woodwork

geriameyer
9 år sedan
If I update my hardware on my golden oak doors, am I wasting my money? Will the home still look dated with the golden oak?

Kommentarer (5)

• groveraxle
    9 år sedan
    Do you like the golden oak? If not, stain or paint the cabinets. If yes, update the hardware and don't worry what anyone else thinks.
    Artisan Kitchen Remodel · Mer info

Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. · Mer info
  • handymam
    9 år sedan
    I don't believe that golden oak is dated. It is a finish on wood. Who decided oak was out anyway? If you like it, then it's not dated. I actually think the hardware can date it more. First there was brass everything, then brushed nickel and even that is on the way out. Case in point, of the two examples Grover posted, the one on the left looks older than the one one the right because of the differences in the hardware.
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    I think that golden oak is dated,lol. The kitchen to the left from Grover is my idea of dated golden oak. No amount of new hardware will change the look. It is one of those *love it or hate it* things.
  • PRO
    Hardin Builders, Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Most oak cabinets with a light to medium color finish are somewhat out dated! HOWEVER, changing the hardware in size (most importantly) finish or to a transitional style makes a huge difference when selected correctly!
    Additionally, we've changed some cabinet doors to glass fronts (flanking kitchen sinks or windows) or even painted and replaced counters on island cabinets in a kitchen with a notable difference in esthetic. Hope that helps. Hardin Builders Inc. 847.668.9020
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9 år sedan
    The "oak" isn't what dates these kitchens...it is the colour of the finish (the orange is not something that is "in fashion" right now) AND the style of the facing. Groveraxle (Houzzer Extraodinaire who is always giving excellent advice!) shows an "updated" oak kitchen on the Left...and a more modern Oak kitchen on the Right. The biggest difference = cabinet facing. The finish colour is also a slightly updated version of "orange oak". The grain is also less noticeable on the Right. All of these slight differences make up an 'updated' honey oak kitchen.

Flooring, lighting and counter top all play a large roll in the "update". Photos would certainly help.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.