elizabethoconnor

Hall lighting - before & after

elizabethoconnor
9 år sedan
I swapped out some "place-holders" with some reproduction 1935 fixtures.

Kommentarer (22)

• ednabrisson
    9 år sedan
    where can I get those hall lightsw
  • PRO
    PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
    9 år sedan
    Nice addition. A cool hall light adds a lot to a space where (other than a possible runner) there are few opportunities to decorate. Never leave those cheap builder domes in your hallway!
    elizabethoconnor thanked PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
  • kmcg123
    9 år sedan
    wow! what a nice difference your new pendants add!
    elizabethoconnor thanked kmcg123
  • hatetoshop
    9 år sedan
    Great change!
    elizabethoconnor thanked hatetoshop
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    9 år sedan
    I like them. Gives the hallway an airy updated look.
    elizabethoconnor thanked Alix Flamm Designs
  • PRO
    Patricia Keating
    9 år sedan
    i like the 1935 repro fittings but do you find it a little gloomy with the light now focused upwards onto the ceiling? or do you also have table lamps?
  • PRO
    Decorating Den Interiors
    9 år sedan
    I love the character the vintage lights add to the space. Good choice!
    elizabethoconnor thanked Decorating Den Interiors
  • PRO
    BEDFORD LIGHTING & HOME
    9 år sedan
    For those not able to find matching antique reproductions, bell jar lanterns are another popular solution to a hallway like this since the ceiling is high bringing the light down provides better illumination.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Actually the new lights give plenty of light, each fixture holds 5 bulbs, if you wanted to I'm sure you could make the hall as bright as the surface of the sun! That's 10 bulbs in a fairly small space. I have 15 watts in each and I find the combined 150 watts provides an even glow.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    9 år sedan
    Great idea. Looks awesome.
    elizabethoconnor thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Cleveland Designs
    9 år sedan
    Just a quick idea, I would have put up 2 tracks of simple, small track lighting, then you could spot the Pictures or Art work on the hallway wall. You can mix Modern Lighting with your older home, of course have them on a dimmer.
    The lights you put up would work better in a Bedroom or maybe even your Living room, they look nice, but I always think of purpose when I install lighting, I took down the one fixture in my kitchen and replaced it with a Track spot with four heads that are focused on my new Kitchen Cabinets and use the Under Counter lighting for task work, its nice to have the spots focused on the cabinets because when I open them I can clearly see what I have, my kitchen is small and so being able to see all the dishes, glasses and Food, I have no pantry. Then when the doors are closed the Track Lighting makes a nice focal point for the kitchen Cabinets.
    Just an idea, if you want to illuminate anything on the hall walls, Track spots are the way to go. They even make period looking light heads to go with your home.
    Thank you for letting me comment.
  • bungalowmo
    9 år sedan
    I'd love to see a close up with the lights off as well. Those look to be gorgeous Art Deco Slip Shades. The 2 sconces in the living room....were those original to your home, or did you get those later? The look like they might match the 2 hall fixtures.

Either way....lovely!! :0)
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9 år sedan
    Lighting is EVERYTHING! Nice change :)

- Janis, GKB
  • elizabethoconnor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    @ Janis - wow, strange coincidence, I ordered kitchen cabinets from GKB 20 years ago! They were great!
  • spanisheclectic
    9 år sedan
    I'm with bungalowmo. I'd like to see a close up of the living room slip shade sconces.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Hello! Thank you to everyone who have left such nice comments. I'm flattered by your interest in my project. For those who asked to see more pictures I did my best to take some good ones of the new hall lights, as well as the living room sconces and I added pictures of my dining room chandelier as well. All the fixtures are reproductions, The original fixtures I believe were produced around 1935.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Sconces.
  • elizabethoconnor
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Dining room chandelier, this is on a dimmer switch.
  • IM DB
    8 år sedan

I love the lights in the first pic, but still not sure which one is what you installed...

• PRO
    Amy Wolff Interiors
    8 år sedan

Great change!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 år sedan
    Great upgrade!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.