rachelle_henry

Need help with compatible colors

Rachelle Henry
9 år sedan
Help!! I have a kitchen painted SW restrained gold and I love it... My dilemma is that my adjoining LR is painted SW Portabello and I want to lighten it up a bit... I just can't find a color that goes well with the restrained gold.... Any suggestions??

Kommentarer (8)

• houseatthelake
    9 år sedan
    Why not go with a similar one but in different tone. Did the paint swatch have different degrees of the gold colour?
    Rachelle Henry thanked houseatthelake
  • PRO
    All About Interiors LLC
    9 år sedan
    Excellent suggestion! Take a lighter tone of the SW color on the same strip. It will flow nicely. Good luck.
    Rachelle Henry thanked All About Interiors LLC
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    9 år sedan
    Hi Rachelle, you could contrast the SW6129 Restrained gold with a nice complementary color, take a look at SW6071 Popular Gray. This will create another dimension to your design color palette. Gray is a good choice as it's neutral and will allow you to bring in accent colors to your LR. Make sure to incorporate the same gold tone in your living room - perhaps with accent pillows.
    Rachelle Henry thanked Veronica Lawrence Interiors
  • Rachelle Henry
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I don't want a lighter version of my kitchen bc I really like Portabello, it's just too dark for the room. I will definitely try popular gray! Thanks!!
  • Rachelle Henry
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    What do you think about Universal Khaki, utterly beige, and perfect greige?
  • hayleydaniels
    9 år sedan
    Take a few minutes and use Behr's room painter program to help you see how different colors look together. You access it from the Preview Color in a Room tab when you pull up a color. It allows you to apply color to a variety of rooms, and you can have use up to 6 at once I think. It's very helpful is getting an idea of how different colors might look together.
    Rachelle Henry thanked hayleydaniels
  • PRO
    Veronica Lawrence Interiors
    9 år sedan
    My client wanted a "Bread Prep" area in her kitchen so we moved the washer and dryer to a new location and created this built-in counter with upper cabinets, a shelf and lower cabinet shelves and draws. The counter top is granite and the cabinets are painted a soft white. We added LED light strips under the upper cabinets and also under the shelf to give great lighting for the prep area. We also made a small desk area for the client's tablet use.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.