crystalgday

Remodeling bathrooms

crystalgday
9 år sedan
I am remodeling two bathrooms ..guest not master. One vanity is 50" x 22.5" and the other is 68" x 22.5 inches. I am so confused as to size of sink for each. Both bathrooms are narrow. Thinking not an under mount ..help please.

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Mainland Tile and Stone Ltd.
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Dear crystalgday,

Congratulations on taking the remodelling plunge! The size & shape of your vanity sink is generally a matter of personal preference or selecting a sink that would complement your design style.

We've been a big fan of rectangular undermount sinks this year, but if you're looking to stay away from the undermount, a vessel or above-counter sink is worth consideration. In terms of sizing, perhaps a 19-21" wide sink for the 50" vanity and a 24" wide sink in the 68" vanity would work well in those spaces.

I've attached a shot of a 22" wide vessel sink we used in a powder room with a 60" vanity - let me know what you think?

Good Luck Crystal!
  • PRO
    Quality Bath
    9 år sedan
    Above counters sinks usually are smaller, and you can also opt for small pedestal sinks.
  • PRO
    Harmoni Designs + Build
    9 år sedan
    A vessel sink would make the counter feel larger than most top mounted sinks. However, it all depends on what you like better in terms of aesthetics.
  • PRO
    Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc.
    9 år sedan
    You might also consider a two faucet/one sink approach similar to what is shown in the below image.

Contemporary Bathroom · Mer info
  • PRO
    Cheryl Khan
    9 år sedan
    Vessel sinks are more for look BUT you have to think about the cleaning they require before you purchase one. Gunk and toothpaste stains will show through translucent glass vessel sinks and it's harder to clean around the base of the sink where the sink meets the countertop.

19"-21" is a good size for the vanities you have. Question, do you already have a countertop? You have to make sure that the sink that you get will meet the dimensions and faucet spread of the counter you have unless you plan on having them drilled. Another idea that you can think about is an integrated sink. They're very easy to clean and they look great. Here are some that you can look at for ideas:

http://www.tradewindsimports.com/blog/bathroom-vanities/integrated-sink-bathroom-vanities/

Let us know what you go with!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.