dadobry

What's the best kitchen/dining floor surface for dog and kids?

dadobry
9 år sedan
Building a new house and would like advice on the most durable surface for kitchen/dining entryway with dog and active teenage kids. The color palette is soft white cabinets, grays & espresso, iron, zinc tones. Thanks!

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    9 år sedan
    Tiles are generally the most durable flooring materials, but can feel cold and hard. Wood flooring is wonderful, but will scratch up in an active household. Depending on the style of your home, there is a wide array of linoleum ( marmoleum, even vinyl ), that is extremely durable and easy to clean. Today's "wood-look" laminate planks have come a long way and are quite impressive... I have even had some clients do cork floors! The best thing you can do for yourself, is find a good flooring store that can give you an eduction on what is out there - then do a little online research for yourself!
    Good luck and have fun!
  • PRO
    Wyland Interior Design Center
    9 år sedan
    Karndean International Floors are great for kids and pets. It is so durable, it is warranted to go on commercial floors. I first found this product when I was working on a commercial job, a veterinarian clinic. It is a luxury vinyl that was rated very highly for high traffic medical and vet clinics. It comes in a variety of styles, textures and colors.
  • PRO
    Green Depot
    9 år sedan
    Marmoleum is a great durable product for an entry way. It gets harder with age, can last decades with proper care, and has a wide range of colors. It is a completely natural product and, unlike vinyl, will not release harmful toxins into your house. Another benefit of Marmoleum is that the color goes all the way through the product. So even if it does get scratched, the color will still be the same, and the scratch will be far less noticeable than with a laminate product.
  • PRO
    Maltby Design
    9 år sedan
    Marmoleum or cork are good, durable products. Tile is durable, but be wary of surfaces that are too slippery especially for young or elderly dogs. Too many joint injuries are the result of slippery floor surfaces.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.