lauren_curtis

Major Design Dilemma - vestigial door in middle of room

Lauren Curtis
9 år sedan
Hello!

As the title implies- we have a non-operational door in the middle of our living room. Due to fire laws we cannot totally seal it off - but we can come close. I plan on taking off the hardware, but need some ideas on coverage/best way to camouflage.

Thanks so much and appreciate any help!

Lauren

Kommentarer (5)

• Flo Mac
    9 år sedan
    Hang lined drapery panels across the wall as if there is a window behind the closed panels.
  • studio10001
    9 år sedan
    Either a (mural) tapestry, bamboo blind such as this one from Red Phoenix or a standing screen across the back of the sofa might do. http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/tapestry
  • acm
    9 år sedan
    does removing the hardware make your apartment into a death trap?? :(
  • Lauren Curtis
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks all!

I promise removing the hardware does not make it a death trap. Aside from the main door (which is not far from that door) there is a fire escape out back and we're the first floor so any window will do!
  • PRO
    Lynne M Design, LLC
    9 år sedan
    This is a very inexpensive way to cover the door...I did this in a home I staged to cover a huge TV bracket. I purchased a large heavy drop cloth from a hardware store, made a pocket at the top, slipped a decorative long stick through it, laid it on a flat surface and splattered colors of thick paint on it, let it dry and hung it so it had a bit of a soft ripple...looked like a unique piece of art!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.