rachel_eggebraaten

New house

Just purchased my first home with this tile in great condition but having me questionable about how to decorate and what furniture colors to look for. Any advice?
I like modern contemporary
But the tile speaks more Spanish to me

Kommentarer (2)

• Babette Duke
    9 år sedan
    IMO the tile has Spanish influence, however the fireplace does not. If Spanish decor is your thing then fireplace is an easy fix, but if its not then you may want to consider changing the floor...not so easy. But totally worth it in the long run if modern/contemporary is more your style.
  • PRO
    Lynne M Design, LLC
    9 år sedan
    The easiest and least inexpensive way to fix this - if the floor is real tile leave it! It is well done and to replace it would cost too much especially if it runs through the house. Keep in mind ...it is your first home!

To begin...the fireplace does not fit with the tile, so paint the fireplace a neutral color and it will blend instead of sticking out. Put a large rung in the living room that is more contemporary like seagrass, sisal, or jute...these can be found in most online stores...just make sure it isn't too small - don't be afraid of size...go to a hardware store and buy painter's tape...usually blue or green ( won't stick to the surface peels right off) and measure the size you THINK will work. If it looks too small or too large, then you will be able to see before purchasing one. LYNNE
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.