keysgirl2

Should I paint or stain my dining chairs?

keysgirl2
11 år sedan
These chairs have been in the family for years. They are an orangey stain, close to the stain on my hardwood floors. The rest of my space has white furniture and white cabinets, I have a mix of painted furniture, metals, and a bit of "real wood." I was thinking of white with new seat covers or a darker stain. What do you think?

Kommentarer (11)

• PRO
    Williamson Millworks Inc. dba Custom Cabinets
    11 år sedan
    Our vote is for painting these little gems! There are so many options & they can always be repainted when you change your color scheme! I'd opt for a pop of color rather than the traditional white to match your table.
  • michigammemom
    11 år sedan
    I actually love your cute bentwood chairs as they are. Their vintage look suits your eclectic style.
  • PRO
    Wow Great Place
    11 år sedan
    I'd paint them in that teal colour, on the vase tucked at the back of the 3 vases on the table....You could then keep the same fabric on the seats. Very fresh, very energetic colour scheme! If you are tired of the fabric, you could also do a fun fabric like this on the chairs, or else go for a geometric.
    http://www.robertallendesign.com/trade/fabric_detail.aspx?product=193906
  • mmonika
    11 år sedan
    Don't paint! The wood grains and shape of these bentwood chairs are beautiful! If your looking for a pop of color, stain them a color :-) It will be more work but I would rather present the fact that these are bent wood chairs.
  • elcieg
    11 år sedan
    THE CHAIRS ARE WONDERFUL AND I LIKE THE FABRIC ON THE SEATS. THE TABLE IS KIND OF ORDINARY, SO, HOW ABOUT PAINTING THE TABLE A COLOR FROM THE FABRIC?
  • PRO
    Wow Great Place
    11 år sedan
    Can I change my vote? LOL
    I'd still suggest the teal colour, but if the chairs have sentimental value (and appear to be in good shape), then yes, take judyg's advice, and paint the table!
  • Bonnie
    11 år sedan
    I agree - painting the table could be really nice. I just used Benjamin Moore St. Lucia on a dresser and it's a beautiful color that might work for your table...
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    My vote is leave it just as it is! Adorable, and the white table fits right in with your white cabinets and other furniture in the space.
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 år sedan
    Like the chairs - not fond of the seat cover fabric - the walls and art, table and chairs all work but somehow the seat fabric is off and takes away from the chair itself - perhaps that is why you are considering painting - go on a hunt and see what catches you eye - try out some swatches and see if this was the issue - the wood on the chairs and the floor are a happy pairing - with different fabric on seats possibly a rug could be added . . .
  • keysgirl2
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks for all the input. Months later, here is where I am with the family chairs. Do I need a less fussy fabric? The table is ikea "plastic."
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.