vivikenny

Please, what color & sheen of white should I use on my kitchen cabinets?

vivikenny
11 år sedan
I'm planning a classic white kitchen with white shaker style cabinets, white subway tile for backsplash and honed carrera marble on counter I have 3 large windows (4' x4') above the kitchen sink & hardwood floors. I don't know what color white or sheen to use on the cabinets. I usually use Benjamin Moore paint. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Kommentarer (11)

• PRO
    Linda Tomky
    11 år sedan
    I would use an oil based paint so you have less visible brush strokes. Select your white using a balance of white tones from your tile and marble.
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    Use BM satin impervo product, oil based is best for long term wear. You can do many off whites so your options are open. OC-17 White dove is a favorite of mine as well as many others on houzz. OC-137 Sebring white is pretty and has very little tinting so the tone is soft. It would go well with the marble.
  • charleee
    11 år sedan
    What color are your appliances? If they are "appliance white", I used Behr's Ultra Pure White for a perfect match in my kitchen, and I love it!
  • feeny
    11 år sedan
    You can't go wrong with BM White Dove.
  • vivikenny
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks! My appliances will be stainless and the manufacturer of the cabinets only uses Benjamin Moore. I'd like it to be a warm white.
  • charleee
    11 år sedan
    A warm white would probably be a good idea to balance the stainless. I'm not familiar with Benjamin Moore colors, so if it were me, I would go to a paint store and get as many of the paint sample "chips" as I could in all the whites, then hold them up against the stainless appliances to see which white appeals to you the most. When we bought our house the cabinets and walls were all painted off-white, and against the new white appliances it was just awful. That's why I painted the walls and cabinets appliance white, with touches of a blue called "light denim" (Behr). It was a lot of work but easier than trying to paint the appliances!
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 år sedan
    Priceless advice from Charmean. Well maybe it's not priceless, but it could save you $5,000 to $10,000 in replacement costs and unknown misery over making a mistake you could have avoided.
  • Lara Branen
    6 år sedan

I am curious about sheen. Only one person addressed that part of this question. I realize this thread is very old but if I can revive it and anyone has advice on kitchen cabinet sheen for white dove Ben Moore paint I'd love to hear those opinions.

• PRO
    PPF.
    6 år sedan

@Lara Branen

You should start your own dilemma instead of adding on to one 5 years old.

• Lara Branen
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Good idea! Except I thought the originator of this thread might be able to weigh in.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.