charleee

Inches Between Curtain Clips

charleee
11 år sedan
In my on-going battle to find the right curtains, I finally found a pair that I love and that will work with the rest of the colors in the room. However, they are rod pocket panels and I needed grommet top panels and they are waaaay too short. So now I need to hang them with curtain clips. Does anyone know how many inches there should be between clips? My panels are 42" wide, should I place the clips every six inches?

Kommentarer (6)

• yvonnecmartin
    11 år sedan
    I expect that four inches would be better. That means that, when the curtains are pulled back, they will protrude two inches. However, you might want to experiment to see what looks best to you. It might depend on the stiffness of the fabric and if you pull then back.
  • charleee
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thank you Yvonne, the curtains are thermal backed, would that make a difference?
  • yvonnecmartin
    11 år sedan
    Thermal backing may make the curtains stiff. I don't know that this makes any difference.

Because the clips are "easy" to put on and remove--you do need to measure between clips--I suggest that you try different spacings. Perhaps use one spacing on one panel and the other on another panel. Put them up and see how they look. If you can't decide, post a picture for us to debate.
  • charleee
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    yvonne and deco, thank you! I'm hoping to pick up the clips tonight and I'll give it a shot. I just wondered if there was a hard and fast rule for this. Great, thanks!
  • PRO
    KLD Interiors, LLC
    8 år sedan

my panels are solid fabric and 108" wide. I have 14 clips per panel how many inches in between each clip

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.