eileen_schulz

Ceiling high cabinets

WakerII
11 år sedan
A kitchen remodel...is it 'in style' to have cupboards to the ceiling? I need storage and this seems a good solution. Kitchen has 8' ceilings and is approx. 450 sq.ft. Thank you for your thoughts!

Kommentarer (8)

• Natalie
    11 år sedan
    Yes---if you can't build out-build upppppp! :)
  • PRO
    Stanton Designs-online design services
    11 år sedan
    Sure is! Good use of the space!
  • nasmijati
    11 år sedan
    Yes! Build all the way up to the ceiling! Then whatever you store in the upper cabinets will stay clean.

Some folks are using glass fronts for the highest cabinets - clear, wavy, translucent - to keep the room from looking too "heavy."
  • PRO
    Cabinet Design Studio
    11 år sedan
    Yes go to the ceiling you can do so much
  • nasmijati
    11 år sedan
    To reach the highest cabinets, you will need a step stool. Plan for the location of the stool early on in your kitchen design.

I was in a vintage white-painted kitchen that had cabinets all the way to the high ceiling and wondered how in the world they reached up there. The trick was in the way the lower cabinets were built. There were deep drawers all along the floor level, with a pull-out "breadboard" step above the bottom drawer, in several strategic locations! I can not remember if all storage below the counter was drawers, with cabinets above the counter level.
  • Shahina
    11 år sedan
    I am also planning to redo my kitchen cabinets ceiling height . Glass ones really look good. You can go for it . But friends design dilemma , my kitchen ceiling height is 11.5 ft . How do I arrange the heights of upper double cabinets ? Kitchen size is 12x 15 ft.
  • PRO
    Flawless Interior Design
    11 år sedan
    Hi, in my years of experience, I must say, cabinets all the way to the ceiling make the kitchen look more cohesive, but, are not functional. Most of the times, you will have to have that step stool around the corner to get to the top and most people get frustrated after a while. I keep the space from the top of the cabinets to the ceiling, clutter-free, you dont have to put anything on top. Hope it helps.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.