couponwolf

I have a open floor plan. We have a black couch with wood floors and split brick flooring. We need to paint

couponwolf
11 år sedan
What colors would good in a open floor plan? We have a black couch. We want some color instead of beigh.

Kommentarer (6)

• Anne Gibney
    11 år sedan
    Have you thought about pulling colors from the rug? Maybe a sage green. Or how about a light grey if there is some in the tile. Looks like green under the chair rail on the back wall.
    http://st.houzz.com/simgs/32f1143c0c9d9cae_4-1000/traditional-living-room.jpg
    If you go with grey maybe a new rug and pillows in a red tone?
  • PRO
    Mint Design
    9 år sedan
    Wall color is tough to pull off in an open plan unless you change all your furniture. Instead I suggest you go a very clean white and put large pieces of colorful art on the wall...all sizes but be certain to include some large pieces...framed all of the the same to avoid a choppy cluttered look but hang them randomly.. Enjoy the process!
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    8 år sedan

Neutrals usually work best in open concept areas because of the large area involved. Khaki is a neutral that could work well for you. Then you can bring in stronger colors with artwork, rugs, and accessories.

• PRO
    Iridescent Designs Corp
    7 år sedan

Before painting try purchasing the Mylar movable paint swatches. Most paint store carry them, then you can move them around, see how your furnishings and accessories work best with the selected color.

• PRO
    Momentum Janitorial
    6 år sedan

Carolyn,I second to what you suggest. Choosing the colour for open floor plans can be tough,but I really appreciate your idea that neutral colour work best for open concept areas.A small room can seem larger with light colours; a large room will shrink with a darker shade on the walls.Having a helpful guide like this one will ensure that you can find a design without getting overwhelmed or going over budget.Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.