danielle_johnson

I have a very large Foyer and Im not quite sure how to decorate it.

Danielle Johnson
9 år sedan
I have this very large foyer and Im not sure how to decorate it / fill the space. My house was built back in 1906 so I need a rug to protect my 100 year old floors, but the room is 9 x 9 so Im having trouble finding the appropriate rug size. Also I have beautiful built in bench so I feel that putting more seating in the area is almost over kill. Any suggestion would be much appreciated!!!!

Kommentarer (19)

• hayleydaniels
    9 år sedan
    Go to flooring store and see if they can bind a carpet for you in the right size.
    Danielle Johnson thanked hayleydaniels
  • User
    9 år sedan
    SO jealous! Beautiful! However, I don't see any place for guests or family members to put keys, umbrellas, coats, boots, notes to each other and all that stuff. With such a large space, adding a nice built-in for all of that would not impinge on it too much. I am looking at the wall next to the door...
    Danielle Johnson thanked User
  • Danielle Johnson
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! I did just recently buy a coat rack from Pottery Barn and I put a beautiful antique dresser next to the door for storage and keys and such. But I still have this weird empty 6 x 9 empty space.
  • Danielle Johnson
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Also does anyone have ideas for wall art?
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    9 år sedan
    The placement of that light fixture is asking for a round table beneath it, with a round rug...
    [houzz=
    Georgian Stone Estate · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Chappaqua, NY Residence · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Coastal Living | Davis Island | Interior Design · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Gates Mills Estate, OH · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Logan · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Created in collaboration with Morgante-Wilson Architects · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    stately manor · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Buck County Traditional · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Oh My Majesty! · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Tuscan Elegance · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Country Houses · Mer info
    ] [houzz=
    Entry Vestibule · Mer info
    ]
  • Judy Mishkin
    9 år sedan
    all of those foyers are bigger though. i think a table in the middle might look a bit over the top esp once the other things are around the walls.
  • Judy Mishkin
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    anyway, you can get wall to wall carpets cut to the area rug size you want and bound. with co ordinating borders too. check out a normal rug store to describe what you need.
  • PRO
    Expand Furniture
    9 år sedan
    I love the simplicity of it, I probably would just get a dark side table/buffet table to put keys and such and to have a contrasting color in the foyer and maybe a rack with coathangers, perhaps an umbrella stand, classic and uncrowded
    Danielle Johnson thanked Expand Furniture
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    9 år sedan
    Hi nnigrt -- You're right that proportion is key; it would need to be about be 3-4' rather than 5-6'. Something like the Logan or Tuscan, possibly even Greenwich example.
  • PRO
    User
    9 år sedan
    What a grand and beautiful space -- beautifully lit, and a welcome greeting into your home! Those walls long for artwork, and keeping in mind the warm nostalgic sense that the foyer gives, I am appending an image of Phonograph Days on the wall, along with other images from my Nostalgia Collection.

The coat rack is a grand and practical idea -- I'm wondering if a storage chest, the kind that people can sit on, would be a useful addition. Frankly, because of the airiness and light of the room, I'd be tempted to put in a small table, with books and flowers, and maybe a chair.
    Danielle Johnson thanked User
  • Maureen
    9 år sedan
    It's hard to recommend without seeing the items you have purchsed, but I would recommend a large piece of art that has colors that compliment your area rug, or a large round mirror. I'd add baskets for neat and tidy storage.
    [houzz=
    Calgary's Country Chic Living · Mer info
    ];[houzz=
    Oasis Architecture - work in Montclair and Upper Montclair NJ · Mer info
    ];[houzz=
    Timeless · Mer info
    ]
  • Danielle Johnson
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    The Moran Coat Rack from Pottery Barn is really the only piece that Ive specifically bought for the foyer. The rest of the furniture that is in there is a temporary fix.
  • User
    9 år sedan
    A round rug would be perfect for the space, or a 5 x 7 would work too. If there's already a built in bench the olny other thing you need is someplace to put keys and mail. A chest of drawers would work, especially if you use a rectangular rug.
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    9 år sedan
    Danielle, you can check out our page here for art ideas and you can seemore at:
    http://ben-and-raisa-gertsberg.artistwebsites.com
    Raisa
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    9 år sedan
    The first you need in there is a rug to anchor the space.

some square 7x7 rugs. you need to show at least 1 foot pref. 2 of floor around it.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Safavieh-Lyndhurst-Collection-Paisley-Beige-Multi-Rug-7-Square/6573538/product.html?refccid=3BY3CCVJGWSIU4KOVHQZIHSDZE&searchidx=5
    plenty more at reasonable prices there.

You need a place to put keys and small objects. console tables. over it a mirror
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    9 år sedan
    the console tables examples:
  • sacapuntaslapioz
    9 år sedan
    some more mirrors
  • leelee
    9 år sedan
    What about an wardrobe to put coats in when guests arrive.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.