michelle_roe

what do you think of wood effect tiles ??

house mad
9 år sedan
really like these ,seen good quailty ones but scared they may date ??

Kommentarer (14)

• house mad
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    It's a very large area. 48 m. Kitchen.
  • specialmagiclady
    9 år sedan
    Tiles in a kitchen are a pain because very time you drop something on ceramic it smashes instantly! I have rubber in mine and glasses bounce! Plus cold under foot in the morning. However, the wood look I think is timeless.
    house mad thanked specialmagiclady
  • house mad
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Rubber. Never seen it before. X
  • Matthew Decorator
    9 år sedan
    You can get wood effect vinyl which is fairly cheap and comes in certain sizes but they also do a fairly new version of Lino wood effect which comes in strips - think of the process when fitting laminate, strip by strip. It's exactly the same as that but it's bendy and personally I feel closer to the feel and look of wood compared to the sheets of Lino
  • PRO
    William Beard Flooring Ltd
    9 år sedan
    Hi. Out of curiosity why not just have wood if that's the look you like? All our floors are hand finished and can go in any room in the house with a 5 year wear guarantee and 20 year structural, they should never need remanding. We floor large open plan kitchens regularly with great success. Warmer under foot also. Happy to discuss further if of interest.
    Best Regards
    Joe Bishop
  • PRO
    Countryside Kitchens
    9 år sedan
    We have some amazing wood effect tiles they are expensive but they really do the job well. They are very effective and they are engineered to have some texture so they feel a little like wood.
  • specialmagiclady
    9 år sedan
    Oh wow yes real actual wood every time if you like that look. And probably comparable prices with tiling if you include fitting!
  • louisep2012
    9 år sedan
    Karndean do various ranges in flooring which are vinyl planks, as mentioned above. I have just ordered this for my living room and cost £25p sq m, the effects are pretty realistic but this way you don't have to pay out so much plus they are easier to clean. The guy in the shop says you will get bored of the flooring before it wears out lol I'll post photo next week when It's finished.
  • cavgirl
    9 år sedan
    I have pale Italian ones down in my hall and through to my living room. I love them; they're startlingly realistic (caveat: with pale grout so they look like planks, not obviously tiles), easy to clean, and really not cold- and I don't have underfloor heating! No regrets at all. You can see it in the photo below-ignore the posing pup! If you want a closer photo to show the 'grain' I can get that.
  • PRO
    Countryside Kitchens
    9 år sedan
    specialmagiclady those are tiles, not sure if that come across (sorry if didn't my fault!), but they are really effective
  • specialmagiclady
    9 år sedan
    Yes sorry cross-posted. Interesting that I am coming across as a real advocate for wood effect vinyl when I am choosing bathroom flooring this week. I was sure I was going to go for a wood effect vinyl. (Parquet taste on a vinyl budget) in fact I have gone for a solid colour charcoal vinyl with a bit of texture. I like the honesty of it. I think I believe that "---effect" is not really ok. Be wood, be vinyl, be tile. Don't fake it, find a way to love the material you can afford!
  • specialmagiclady
    9 år sedan
    Or a way to afford the material you love!
  • PRO
    Nyc Ceramics Kitchens & Bathrooms
    9 år sedan
    We have recently fitted wood effect vinyl click flooring in a number of kitchens & bathrooms by Moduleo. They are a great alternative to tiles & are suitable for UFH. You can see examples of this product in both 'Livesey' & 'Chepstow' kitchens on our profile.

Porcelain wood effect tiles are very popular & there a some stunning examples available, we have sourced a selection from both Spain & Italy. If you require any samples please don't hesitate to contact us.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.