sugarbusch

Stamped concrete livingroom floor

sugarbusch
9 år sedan
We build a new home last year. The lower level is all stamped/heated concrete. What is the maintenance protocol? The floor has become dull, and has some very washed out areas. Any tips for shining it up and evening out the faded areas?

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    TOMARO CONSTRUCTION CO INC
    9 år sedan

Since it is an interior surface I would use a water-based sealer purchased from a concrete supply house (they should be able to recommend a good brand). Apply with 3/8 roller after floor has been cleaned and dried. Once that is dry a mop on wax can be used as a sacrifical coat. 2-3 coats applied with a micro-fiber mop. For more info http://www.tomaroconstruction.com/care---maintenance-for-interior-floors.html

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    9 år sedan

A quick review of your cleaning products/habits would help. Many flooring cleaners will dull floors prematurely. I'm afraid I'm a little weak in the "stained/stamped" concrete flooring so I'm not sure if fading is considered routine or not.

Your best source, before doing anything exciting (like buying product) is to contact the concrete finisher and find out if they carry product specific to your floor. While you have them on the line, you can then ask if "washed out" colour is to be expected with your form of finish/install.

These are some excellent questions that can be answered quickly and appropriately by the installer/supplier.

• PRO
    TOMARO CONSTRUCTION CO INC
    9 år sedan

A ph neutral cleaner will work. Wring rag or mop out, scrub and either towel dry or air dry..

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.