annmariepassword

Advice on Kitchen Worktop

annmariepassword
9 år sedan
In my Kitchen I have a Belfast sink and wooden work tops,
I love the sink and would like to keep it, but need to replace the wooden work tops because the drainer section has succumbed to water damage,
Can any one offer suggestions on other materials I can use instead of wood ( wich needs a lot of caring for) OR granite (wich is expensive )

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan

If you really can't stretch to granite /stone/composite worktops then maybe consider raising your sink so that it sits about 10mm higher than worktop height (maybe use a piece of the old wood worktop under the sink to raise it ) and use normal laminate worktops with sealed ends and silicon sealant around the edges ... It's cheaper - and if you make sure you seal the cut edges well it should last for a good few years - and long as you don't drown it in water too much !

• annmariepassword
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks what a good idea That's somthing I hadn't thought of !!
  • PRO
    Granite Transformations Hinckley & Market H'Boro.
    9 år sedan
    Hi

Depending on your budget another option is the Granite Transformations product a 6.5mm thick solid surface with a material life time guarantee that is designed to fit on top of your existing worktops.
    Although, as you have wood worktops which need to be allowed to breathe, we would need to remove your existing wood worktops and replace them with a new substrate. All of this could be done in just one days and usually costs between £2 - £4 thousand pounds. If your budget allows this is definitely the way forward.

Good luck.

Jamie
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.