whyeye

Networking the house

Alan
9 år sedan
I could really use some advice on the best way to provide Internet access around the house. We're currently refurbishing a 1950s Cotswold house with solid internal walls - a centralised wifi hub can't deliver coverage everywhere I need it so I have three choices as I see it:

1) wifi repeaters around the home, hard wired (Cat5) back to the central hub
2) use devices that utilise mains wiring to deliver internet access wherever it's needed
3) Hard wire Cat5 to every room in the house from a central patch connected to the central hub

Any advice anyone can offer on the best solution, or any alternative solutions?

Many thanks in advance.

Alan

Kommentarer (3)

• billybingo1
    9 år sedan
    I would go with a wireless solution. I think you can get wireless repeaters that pug into the mains sockets.
  • PRO
    Jonathan Hagen Photography
    9 år sedan
    I have used Home Plugs in my last 2 properties and they have been brilliant. They are a bit unsightly so best if they can be hidden away. I'd also recommend getting the type that has a socket on the front so that you can still utilise the socket.
  • PRO
    Digicast AV
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

The best way is to have both cat 6 wall plates and WIFI points wired back to a plant room or loft. I put the wall plates behind TV's so you have a ethernet connection for smart video streaming. The WIFI points are best high on a wall in a central location on each floor for the best coverage, but if you find these unsightly you can install behind TV's also.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.