jess_drummond

Wood stacked fireplace

Jess Drummond
9 år sedan
How did you put together the wood stack in the fireplace? Is the wood treated? Is it just stacked or is it a facade?
Jinan- Cluster Development in Bryanston · Mer info

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Illuminate Home Staging
    9 år sedan

I sourced the logs from a fire wood supplier in Fourways, Johannesburg. Since the intended use of these logs is usually to be burnt they are untreated. My use of the logs was for decorative purposes and so each piece was actually personally hand picked to create the right look and feel for the interior. I wanted to try find logs with a light yellow tone rather then the darker brown or red toned logs. It was a lot of work sorting through a pile of wood that was about one storey high but it was worth it in the end.

To fill the space pictured here I needed about three large bags.... much more than I would have thought! The guys who cut the logs have a pretty good idea of how much you'll need if you just give them some dimensions of the space you are trying to fill. To stack the wood you just start with a bottom row of logs that fit nicely together and then build up from there, swopping pieces as you go along that fit better to create a well stacked pile.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.