andiegrace

Chandelier to complement mid century dining set?

andiegrace
9 år sedan
Help! I'm trying to find a chandelier to complement my vintage Broyhill Brasilia dining set. I don't want to do a large single drum shade fixture, and I'm trying to keep the space modern/transitional. I've attached a picture of the set in my dining room (12'x12'). I'm totally stuck, and in need of inspiration!

Thanks!

PS: the rug is temporary

Kommentarer (25)

• karabismarck
    9 år sedan

I spent many hours at Home Depot looking at their lighting, and it is fairly decent quality and relatively inexpensive. With your style and colors, I would think an oiled bronze or even a brushed gold piece would look nice (to match the seat cushions).

Here's a steal at $29.80 (was $245.00), rather unique and appears to go well with your centerpiece and the seat covers.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bel-Air-Lighting-9-Light-Dark-Bronze-Amber-Tulip-Chandelier-102659/205885886?N=5yc1vZc7nr

• karabismarck
    9 år sedan

• Darzy
    9 år sedan

Do you like something like this? What budget would you like to keep it?

Kichler Lighting Loom Transitional Chandelier X-ZO64034 · Mer info

• Darzy
    9 år sedan

Something linear would look nice

Designers Fountain Fieldhouse Linear Chandelier in Flemish Bronze · Mer info

• Hamma
    9 år sedan

What is your budget for the light fixture? I could throw some ideas your way :)

• andiegrace
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Ooh, these are all interesting ideas! In terms of budget, I'd like to spend no more than $500-$600, but I could stretch a little for the "perfect" thing.

Thanks!
  • leelee
    9 år sedan

Please add some color and brightness with your rug. Then some art on the walls will tie it all together.

• retroearth
    9 år sedan

I like the idea of a sputnik light that leelee posted. Here are a couple of other midcentury styles that might work.

Kimono 5-Light Chandelier · Mer info

Stardust Retro Nelson Saucer Lamp Mid-Century Modern Design · Mer info

• PRO
    Galilee Lighting
    9 år sedan

Hi ,

In Galilee lighting we make unique lighting made of fused glass.

Each style can be designed with different number of pendants, in any length and woth any canopy shape and size.

We advise our customers about the right size for their space, If you would like to receive our catalog by email, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com

We deliver worldwide.

• andiegrace
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks for all of the great ideas! I love the Sputnik light, but I would like to find something more transitional or modern so that the room doesn't become too midcentury.

Maybe something else that captures the architectural quality of the furniture? I've attached two examples -- the first one isn't quite right, and the second one is too big for my space. Would something like these work? What other transitional styles might work? (Maybe a linear light?)
  • Darzy
    9 år sedan

I like your second choice very much! It may not be too big. Did you measure? I purchased a "too large" chandelier but as it turned out it was just right. I was just used to the "too small" one I had before.

• Kat Cheng
    9 år sedan
    What about a Cadiz shell chandelier? (This one from Westelm). That, and a more contemporary rug, would make the room more transitional, I think?

http://houzz.com/photos/5297507
  • palimpsest
    9 år sedan

Plaza from Schoolhouse Electric:

• andiegrace
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I am loving all of these different ideas! I really appreciate everyone's help.
  • dennimac33
    9 år sedan

Lowe's seems to have a better selection than Home Depot. Pottery Barn has some nice drum style pendants (wouldn't let me post the pictures). One large or two smaller drum pendants would look nice! Good luck!

• sandradclark
    9 år sedan

I found one for $225.00 only one left . left click on my name & highlight my ideabooks, and highlight 'great Lighting'

• Joy
    9 år sedan
    Bromi Design Swan Modern 12-Light Chandelier contemporary-chandeliers
  • Joy
    9 år sedan
    Here is a pic of it.
  • PRO
    Stephanie O'Leary, Style By Stephanie
    9 år sedan
    You need the Sputnik light in black/bronze or there's a mobile design similar at west elm. 3rd choice would be the multi-pendant jar lights from pottery barn.
  • PRO
    Stephanie O'Leary, Style By Stephanie
    9 år sedan
    If you can, remove the top half of your hutch to modernize it and allow a place for edgy modern art over the buffet. That would make a huge difference along with the light
  • PRO
    DH Design
    9 år sedan

In keeping with the mid-century vibe I might consider a sputnik chandelier that is a bit linear vs round. If that is too much then one of the new multi jar or globe pendants would be fun.

http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/lighting/chandeliers/?cm_type=gnav

• lexschv
    8 år sedan
    Hi Andiegrace, I realize this discussion is from March but I am curious what light fixture you chose? I have the same Brasilia table and chairs and have been debating a light future to replace the existing chandelier. (Photo attached) Thanks!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.