lake410

Small house- white or grey?

lake410
9 år sedan

We're wanting to paint the brick white or grey (light grey/ dark grey?!) and can not decide ((which is impeding our re-roofing, we want our home to look good with a grey or black roof)). help!

Creamy White
Light Grey
Dark Grey

Kommentarer (10)

• jenny
    9 år sedan
    for exterior bricks, white just gets dirty and you can't really wash it
  • PRO
    D.R. Long, Architect + Associates
    9 år sedan

It's brick. Once you paint it you are into further maintenance. The natural color of the brick would compliment your choices of roofing. Get shutters that fit the windows and paint those a lighter color. My choice is to put the paint roller down.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    9 år sedan

My vote is for "put the paint roller down".

• lake410
    Författare
    9 år sedan

1) I don't like red brick on homes 2) there are a few bricks that have been repaired & look like eye sores, which is why I was hoping for a uniform color painted! Change any one's opinion?

• lake410
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Or does no one else notice the repaired bricks?

• acm
    9 år sedan

I think it will look gorgeous painted a light color. Have heard plenty of people debunk that it's a lot of extra work. If the brick is patchy, paint away.

lake410 thanked acm
  • PRO
    D.R. Long, Architect + Associates
    9 år sedan

I can see the repointed bricks, which are not many but I can understand you just don't want everyone's eye focusing on those few spots. You may be able to tint the mortar to tone the new pointing down a bit and it would be worth a try. Did the previous owner have some things mounted on the brick that led to the repointing?

• lake410
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks everyone! I'm not sure about anything previously hanging off the brick, but I could try to contact them to ask. Is it important to know?
  • libradesigneye
    9 år sedan

No - it might indicate settlement if they did not - some settlement in an older home is perfectly normal and probably nothing to worry about. Significant foundation settlement or movement might cause other sorts of damage if it continued. If you are in an area that is fairly stable, it may be simply age. If you are in an area that has had unusual earthquakes or near a lot of flowing water - then it would be worth looking into a little more closely . . just watch to see if the area opens again - that would indicate movement is still occurring and you would want to consult professionals.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.