shannanigans

Bathroom window dilemma

shannanigans
9 år sedan
I have no clue about what window treatments are best here. Thought cafe plantation shutters but not sure with the uneven window heights. Advice? I'm worried cell shades will look too modern. I don't want to block out the light, but need privacy.

Kommentarer (14)

• hayleydaniels
    9 år sedan

I'd go with Roman shades.

• PRO
    Chef & Cabinet
    9 år sedan

Possibly using blinds that only cover the lower portion of the window. Keep the light up top and get privacy down below. Something with color to play off that lovely copper tub!! Definitely don't cover up the trim work.

• anne dee
    9 år sedan

Or you could treat the window as one unit
    ref pic

Tudor Revival · Mer info

• anne dee
    9 år sedan

or individually for uniformity starting at the same height

https://www.houzz.com/photos/country-home-traditional-bathroom-phvw-vp~16363509

• PRO
    CJ Evans Home Designs
    9 år sedan

How much space between the tub & the wall?? Perhaps a dressing screen would be possible?? Allows you to have privacy while in the tub, but can be slid over to showcase the windows & trim. It may fit well with the overall style of the tub too!

• PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    9 år sedan

Consider top down bottom up shades. They are neat and minimal and will not determine a style for the room.

http://www.blinds.com/control/productSearch?cid=topdown.htm&historyFilter=top-down-bottom-up%7Ccordless-and-tdbu

• shannanigans
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    It's a tight fit to the tub. I like idea of top down bottom up something. Maybe the Romans or other shades. I have to climb into the tub to adjust the middle window. Bathroom is on front of house so I have to consider what the backs look like.
  • Rebecca Rios
    9 år sedan
    Frost the windows and don't have any treatment?
  • avamom2012
    9 år sedan

Does anyone know of blinds which cover just the bottom half of a window, as Design Diva above suggested? I've been searching for months for some. ty.

• annmarie2
    9 år sedan

Smith and Noble. www.smithandnoble.com They have what I refer to as Top Down shades. We used them in a condo in the city where the window looked across an alley into the neighbor's kitchen. Lots of privacy, but you still had a view over them. You have the choice of having them:

1) completely cover the window;

2) open from the bottom, like typical shades; or

3) open from the top, leaving coverage at the bottom.

• avamom2012
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan

"open from the top, leaving coverage at the bottom". Top down, bottom up blinds.

• njmomma
    9 år sedan

Oh! how I wish I had this bathroom dilemma. :-) What a beautiful bathroom. I would put blinds that go from the bottom up as suggested by other posters.

• bitr
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I am buying a house with this problem. My plan is to install a wrought iron decorative shelving unit that I can put plants and beautiful items on. There is a frosted window there but the window lines up 'perfectly' with a neighbor's window.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.