charvv

Need help with basement ceiling

charvv
11 år sedan
Building a new home but will not be finishing the basement ceiling with tile or sheet rock. What is the design difference between painting the exposed ceiling white or black?

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Bassett Furniture Design Studio
    11 år sedan
    White gives the feeling of more light, taller and open. Black or dark ceilings give a warmer or cozy feeling. In Susanne Susanka's book The Not So Big House, she explores the importance of the ceiling. In my 100 year old home near Drake University, I painted the exposed basement ceiling chocolate brown, then installed can lights. The can lights are mounted so the bulb is level with the bottom of the floor joists. By projecting light from this point, it keeps the focus down and not on the exposed ceiling.

http://www.scottscreativehome.com/
  • PRO
    Sean's Interior & Exterior LLC
    11 år sedan
    Have you thought about the lose of energy without having that ceiling insulated? If it's not a concern then black gives is a nice look. Grey or white feels more industral to me.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.