1beebee

Help please

1beebee
8 år sedan
I'd appreciate all the input anyone wants to provide on my kitchen-family room. It's basically a large rectangle with the kitchen and family room areas separated by a breakfast bar.

I love my couch but I don't think my old floor lamps work anymore. So I'd like to get either new floor lamps or side tables with table lamps. Although I'm not sure I have space for the later.

I'd also like to purchase a rug to add some color to the room and, eventually, artwork for above the couch. I'm also thinking more modern bar stools would be better. In addition, I'd like to be able to incorporate a small chair across from the couch to make for a better conversation area, not just for watching TV.

I'd love suggestions of styles that might be good for all of the above. Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to comment.

Kommentarer (5)

• Irene Morresey
    8 år sedan
    Some inspiration, big mirror above couch, drapes to ceiling, glass coffee table, narrow table under window with table lamp, keep one of your floor lamps, area rug
  • Irene Morresey
    8 år sedan
    More ideas
  • PRO
    Diane Leone Design
    8 år sedan

Great sofa. I would keep the floor lamp in the corner, add an end table on the other side that can hold a lamp. If there is room, a small upholstered chair angled on the corner across from the sofa would work. Possibly change coffee table to glass top to open up the space visually. I would add a great area rug and with a glass table, you'll see the pattern and color. You could add throw pillows with colors from the area rug for more color. A large mirror on the wall will also open up the space visually. You can also frame the window with fabric panels that go to the ceiling and bring texture and/or color into the room or a light and breezy fabric will continue to open the space. See some furniture suggestions below.

• Jessica D
    8 år sedan
    I think you have a great start and just need some tweaks here and there. I would suggest:

1. Get new lamps, maybe modern and some end tables

2. Agree with slightly more modern bar stools

3. Use the rug under couch to add some color that can be reflected in art work above the couch and in pillows (love the couch btw)

4. I like a clean look, so I would like a less busy or concealed shelving for the TV stand
  • rcarterworld
    8 år sedan

I agree with the first responder. The first picture that he/she posted would be ideal for this space.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.