kellympetal

Arranging furniture in a very open space

Kelly Georgia
8 år sedan

Hi, Just wanted some ideas and input on how to arrange furniture in a very open living room space. The living room shares views to the kitchen, dining, and formal living - defining the spaces with beams. How could I optimize the space in the living room, making the room most inviting?

Here a couple pictures of the space (all pictures are from previous owners with their furniture). I will try to post a few more of the space as it is now (empty).

THANKS!

Kommentarer (4)

• hayleydaniels
    8 år sedan

I like the arrangement of the previous owners. It's cozy and defines the space nicely. Is there a reason you can't do something similar?

Kelly Georgia thanked hayleydaniels
  • PRO
    User
    8 år sedan

As the area is spacious, fitting big furniture in there would not be a problem. At times fitting a bunch of smaller furnitures into a large space can give the impression of the space being crowded.

I love how the previous owners has made the fireplace a key-element in the arrangement of the furnitures. I would definitely keep the fireplace as one of the key-element in the future as well.

Kelly Georgia thanked User
  • PRO
    Diane Leone Design
    8 år sedan

I love the space. The openness of it is great. It would be helpful to know what your furniture looks like. The fireplace is the focal point of the living room space however, there are ways to maximize the space and open it up so it's welcoming and inviting as people walk in from other areas.

Kelly Georgia thanked Diane Leone Design
  • Bette P
    8 år sedan

If you prefer a sectional sofa with two chairs opposite. You may want swivel chairs with the TV being over the fireplace, or not. Or two matching sofas opposite and two chairs.

Kings Road Apartment · Mer info

Dwellings · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.