gibbsval9

Outside Hinges Kitchen Cabinets

Val Gibbs
8 år sedan

I have outside hinges on my oak kitchen cabinets. Can the doors be retrofitted with inside hinges ? Is this possible? Or do I need to replace the doors?

Keep doors and retrofit them with inside hinges?
Replace cabinet doors

Kommentarer (7)

• Val Gibbs
    Författare
    8 år sedan

I just saw a poll where someone replaced her hinges with hidden ones on her existing cabinets. I'm glad to know that. Thanks for your votes!

• Val Gibbs
    Författare
    8 år sedan

SolutionSmiths- I don't have the capability to post a picture. The screw holes are on the inside of my cabinets and only the hinges show. So I think that someone should be able to to put hinges on the inside of my cabinets. At least that is what I discovered on another poll about hinges. I found the poll yesterday.

• Katie Eubanks
    8 år sedan

I have the same question. Here is an exterior view of the cabinet door:

• Katie Eubanks
    8 år sedan

And an interior view:

Would love advice on how to best handle switching to hinges that don't show from the outside. Thanks!

• PRO
    SolutionSmiths
    8 år sedan
    Here is a step by step guide. The hinges are pricey and it will be a pretty big project but if you like your doors except for the hinges this is a nice upgrade. If you're not in love with your doors consider ordering doors that are prebored online.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/how-to/intro/0,,20745182,00.html
    Val Gibbs thanked SolutionSmiths
  • Katie Eubanks
    8 år sedan

That helps greatly to know about the cost and time involved in switching to hidden hinges. No, we aren't in love with the doors. We definitely want to paint them. Sounds like the work involved between the painting and the hinges makes it a smarter option to just replace the doors with exactly what we want. Thank you!!

Val Gibbs thanked Katie Eubanks
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.