cameronwfreeman

window treatments, replacement windows...

Cameron F.
8 år sedan
As I'm slowly renovating my house every time I look at it from the street I catch my eye on the sore of my white blinds in the windows and the ugly aluminum windows. I need to change both and need help with ideas and suggestions on what will improve my curb appeal regarding windows and blinds. third picture is a window I think should look nice. fourth pic is inside the house for blinds color selection help.

Kommentarer (9)

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 år sedan

Are you planning to replace the windows? If not, could they be painted white? I have always thought that windows are so important in making a house look nice. I guess that is why I HATE BLINDS...! There seems to be a trend where folks use blinds, which they keep closed, and then go curtain less!!?

My favorite look is sheers...but they are really out of fashion. So, remove your blinds!!! Do not get new blinds!! Do you need privacy or light control? Your interior looks beautiful! Get a decorative rod and hang grommet-top panels. They can be easily opened and closed. Be sure to get enough panels to add fullness when they are closed. The panels come in every color and price range...they can be sheer or blackout...and everything in between.

If you really want to live on the edge...get a double rod and use sheers behind your panels!!! :)

• kpappal
    8 år sedan
    I love the idea of dark windows with your brick. I agree that it would look best to remove the blinds and add curtains that can be easily closed for privacy when you need it.
  • Cameron F.
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I am going to replace the windows. here in Louisiana these single hung aluminum windows act like a heat sink transferring heat inside. plus they are extremely unattractive. I honestly hate the uniformity of the red brick, I wish it had been intermingled with other shades but I can't change that. so you guys seem to think that the bronze windows would look good? Also look what happened to my house!!! one step forward and two back lol.
  • Cameron F.
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    also I think my fiance is going to make curtains. the reason for blinds is to help with heat from direct sunlight when it's 100º+ in the summer. I'm playing around with various ideas. also considering decorative shudders. gonna do a planter underneath large window in the front to soften up the harsh lines of the house.
  • Zoe Kendrick
    8 år sedan

I really like what you were thinking to replace the window with! It looks appealing as well as sturdy. Unfortunately aluminum windows aren't as visually appealing, and they tend to not last as long. My husband and I are looking to replace a few windows in our home. Maybe we'll go with something similar to your choice! Thanks for the posts, Cameron! http://www.tolmaninsulationco.com/Residential-Remodeling-Worcester-MA.html

• PRO
    Rachel @ Ethan Allen
    8 år sedan

There are so many great window covering options now days. Some are light filtering, yet give privacy when veins are closed. See some examples below. They also help keep the heat in your home in the winter and keep it cool in the summer. These come in dozens of colors and textures.

• brickln
    8 år sedan

First, I think the windows are perfect for the style of your home. Two inexpensive things you could try are frosted window film to block the view of the blinds, or drapery liner, which could help a bit with the heat problem.

If the windows are in good shape, you might also see if there are epoxy coatings that can reduce heat exchange and add color.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    8 år sedan

Hey There: You need to keep the privacy up while you let in light - so bottom up top down shades will be a great solution. With hundreds of fabrics to choose from - chose a fresh and light textured fabric - please see our huge selection online...feel free to download to your tablet...

www.PleatedBlindsStore.com

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.