aileenaquino

Living room seating and TV wall

Aileen Porter
8 år sedan
senast redigerad:8 år sedan

My fiancé and I and designing our home a little at a time. Initially, the blue wall was our TV wall with the sofa in front. On an impulse I wanted to open up the room so I moved the couch to where it's placed in the image... now I have to move the TV to the wall left of where it's located in the picture. I'm planning on getting a settee and one reclining chair and unsure where to put it with this new arrangement (remember, the blue wall will be free space once we move the media).
I also plan to put some art up but haven't found a moment to. Also, have not been able to find a reclining chair that would look ok with the rest of our things... help!

Kommentarer (20)

• jck910
    8 år sedan

Can you post more pictures of the room? The other 3 walls?

• miacometlady
    8 år sedan
    A pony wall will help with furniture arrangement. The settle could go on the blue wall and the recliner snuggle into pony wall corner.
  • Miranda Rose
    8 år sedan
    I love your current choices. Your style' is awesome. Some more photos would be great! I just love what you have done so much and would be honored to suggest a layout option.
  • miacometlady
    8 år sedan

Just a thought, if you put the pony wall up, you could stick the TV in that corner using a corner console. Then the sofa on the opposite wall of the windows could face the windows. You will not get window glare on TV and you could enjoy the view instead of having sofa up against the drapes.

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

Please give us photos from all directions of the space so we can see all the walls.

Also, if you're unsure where to put a settee and recliner, it's possible they aren't the right pieces for the room. The configuration of the space and your needs determine what furniture is appropriate. Just getting a bunch of furniture and trying to make it fit never works very well.

For a smallish, stylish recliner, I like West Elm's Sedgwick. It comes in leather or fabric.

Sedgwick Recliner - Leather | west elm · Mer info

• PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    8 år sedan
    I like the leather chairs from West Elm someone suggested. I would get two of those instead of a settee. Place a nice picture on the blue wall above the chairs. That blue wall is a nice back drop to add more color to the room with a picture. Could be three small pictures that go together above the chairs. Rule of 3's.
  • sherry0117
    8 år sedan

Hard to comment without more pictures. It appears there is a lot of furniture in this room already. I am assuming some of this will be removed. The sofa may look best with the blue background rather than light on light. But I like the idea of seeing out the window. Personally I never like sofas against windows.

• haas1
    8 år sedan

I also do not like large furniture against the window.I would put sofa acros from the window,two comfy armchairs on right side with nice small legy table between them,then long otoman on the wheels under the window( you can sit more people,bring it closer to the table).I would keep tv where it is( hate that Tv always wins),put it on the swivel either on the wall or top of the cabinet.You can watch it two ways,on the swivel from your sofa,or from your chairs.I would not buy setee,I am not sure about recliners because they generaly do not look good from the back,but there are some nice modern choices there now.Your style is very nice.

• M R
    8 år sedan

I have a similar living room but with a fireplace on what is your blue wall.
    A sofa and two chairs or one recliner is enough. Skip the settee. I have one and it never seems to fit in correctly. Settee makes the room seem crowded. TV in corner next to window so it has the least amount of glare, isn't the focal point of the room and not immediately seen from front door. (pet peeve of mine). Sofa against wall for view out the window. I like the idea of pony wall but it might make the room feel small however it would be another possible place for the TV.

There's my 2 cents!

• ptmatthews
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I would center the TV on the blue wall, move the sofa to the wall opposite the window, and put 2 chairs with a small table between on the window wall. Alternatively, could you put the TV on the wall opposite the blue wall?

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

Small change: replace coffee table with storage ottoman that is comfy to put feet up on.

• PRO
    Bright Development
    8 år sedan

I like the idea of the TV angled in the corner by the window because, let's face it, we like the TV where we can see it when we are busy in or near the kitchen and based on the dining chair in the pic I would guess this image was taken from the kitchen area. If this room is large enough, and you have the wall space, put your biggest piece of furniture, the couch, on the wall opposite the window with the settee adjacent to the couch on the blue wall to form a corner arrangement. Float the recliner, on an angle, near the window, but not too close to what I'm guessing is the front door. Put some type of sofa table on the wall opposite the blue wall to serve as a 'drop zone' space and add something with a mirror effect on the blue wall to make the whole space feel larger...................

• Aileen Porter
    Författare
    8 år sedan

@haas1 I love your idea since I am limited on budget and know a pony wall would be out of the question until all other projects are complete. How would you tie in an area rug in your seating arrangement idea? Thanks for your advice!

• Aileen Porter
    Författare
    8 år sedan

I initially had our sofa directly across the blue wall parallel to where our floor lamp is placed against the grey wall. It limited our space for other seating as the wall across from the large window has a heater and is also our path to our hallway door.

I am thinking of putting two chairs in front of our window, the sofa on the blue wall, and mount the television across the window- once we get shutters we don't have to worry too much about a glare especially since we both dont watch a lot of television during the day. Please chime in on this idea. thank you!!

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

Furniture moving is free! Try putting the tv into the corner near window and then angle sofa to face it. This sort of arrangement takes a bit of "tweaking", so hang in there!

Hard Loft Space · Mer info

Aileen Porter thanked pcmom1
  • Aileen Porter
    Författare
    8 år sedan

these photos are from a few months ago right after painting the front rooms. I originally didn't mind where the sofa was but you can see the dilemma in terms of placing furniture comfortably. I am considering putting the couch back to this position and buying a larger rug. Also, curtains are an issue as they are all the same color so that from the street the house doesn't look too tacky. The wall across from the window is hard to utilize overall. thanks everyone for such great advice- i'm considering all of it!

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

Eventually, I would get different window treatments. I think you need something with more blue or more excitement at the windows. Hang the new panels higher and wider (barely cover the trim). You can have white sheers at the window to keep the front of the house uniform.

Interior Design Living Room · Mer info

• PRO
    Bright Development
    8 år sedan

After seeing that hidden corner of your room, not visible in the original pic, one realizes you have 'paths of travel' to deal with. To minimize the paths in this room I would put the TV in the corner; refloat the couch adjacent to a small table adjacent to the window wall; place the settee at the heater wall and then angle the recliner towards the window along the blue wall. This will force the path of travel all towards the heater wall (and that opening) and give the rest of your room, hopefully, an uninterrupted feeling.

• Natalie Miller
    8 år sedan
    What size TV vs room size?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.