lareneb

Exterior Paint (trim)

lareneb
11 år sedan
Hi!

I hate the color of my new house. The paint is in good shape, so I'm thinking I can just change the trim color and change the look/feel of the extrerior. What would look good?

Thanks for your help!

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Lillian's Paintbrush
    11 år sedan
    Paint the trim all white and paint the doors and shutter, garage doors too, in your favorite color. And colorful flowers to cozy it up and voila
  • lareneb
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I like the idea of painting the doors and garage doors and blending the trim. I just need to decide on a color.

I can't leave the trim as is and paint the house because it's really the trim color that I can't stand.

I love the idea of staining and glazing the driveway.

Thanks for your ideas!
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    Start with just painting the trim around the garage doors and down spout part the house color and see if you like not framing the garage door.
  • anitajoyce
    11 år sedan
    I agree with you lareneb. I don't like the trim color either. A nice tan, grey or blue grey with the trim painted white or beige would be nice on the house. White or beige trim is easy on the eye, its refreshing on a house and you probably won't grow tired of it. You could paint the door a different color also for added curb appeal..
  • PRO
    Foundation Armor
    11 år sedan
    I would consider changing the concrete. First, use a penetrating concrete sealer to strengthen and protect the concrete. Then, using a dye, sealer, or paint, bring the concrete to life with a nice design or texture. You can also consider concrete resurfacing. It will change the entire look of your house.

http://www.foundationarmor.com/concrete-sealers/
  • lareneb
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks for the reference articles I think I will go with a dark blue or black trim and red door.
    I do love the idea of staining the concrete, but there is a lot more of it than what is shown in the picture as it is a circular driveway. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but something that would be worth saving up for!
  • lareneb
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I did a couple of quick and dirty mock up in photoshop. Changing the concrete makes a difference. Hmm, maybe a warm concrete would make the trim color ok...
  • Andrew Mayzak
    11 år sedan
    I definitely like the stained concrete in gray! Gives you a world of color options for the house, too.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.