Decorating a curved wall

Deborah Bruening
8 år sedan

Forgot to post a picture:) Thanks!

Kommentarer (17)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

an oval cadenza would be great. im not fond of niches like this so hard to work with, now add a curve. i would fill them in...IMO

• leelee
    8 år sedan

I agree with flair--niches are a pain. Where is this space in your home? Hall? Fill them in and put a palm tree there instead.

• PRO
    TruDesign
    8 år sedan

Curved walls are tricky! Niches can be hard to work with, just like flair lighting said. However, if you're looking for a decorative solution instead of a construction solution, we would recommend hanging a group of artwork there. Maybe 4 pieces total, two in each niche (one on top of the other). You could do colorful artwork or family photos. Even something more dimensional like an ironwork piece would work too. That curve appears shallow enough that hanging shouldn't be a problem. You could also paint a fun color or wallpaper the back of the niche!

Deborah Bruening thanked TruDesign
  • lefty47
    8 år sedan

HI -- Just have the niches filled in because they are just a very dated 80's feature . For a curved wall like this , wallpaper is the way to go besides just painting . Or thin wood panel or moldings or wood flooring on the vertical or even a photo wallpaper mural -- which is very in right now with lots of subject matter and textured looks .

• Deborah Bruening
    Författare
    8 år sedan

I appreciate the feedback lefty47 but I actually like the niches. They aren't the problem and...I know what I want to do with them. I just want a curved piece of furniture that I can conform to the space and decorate with lamps and decor; probably use as a place to put keys and wallets as you come into the entry. Actually, here in Houston (and in Dallas where I just moved from) niches are not passe or 80ish. They are very popular and considered a pleasing quality for a new home. It's a $500,000 home, so builders are still putting them in to break up very high walls and lots of wall space. Thanks again for taking time to respond:)

• PRO
    Swain Customs
    8 år sedan

Hi Deborah. Congratulations on your new home! We at Swain Customs specialize in custom woodworking. If you have a design in mind we would love to hear it and provide you a quote, free of charge! Thanks and best, Swain Customs

• Deborah Bruening
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you miacometelady:) I have seen this picture with the rustic console but can't seem to find a place of business to see dimensions and how to order. Any additional info. would be greatly appreciated!

• Deborah Bruening
    Författare
    8 år sedan

I appreciate so many taking the time to weigh in on my dilemma! The advice on Houzz is always so helpful. I don't want to fill in the niches...I really do like them and definitely have my own ideas for making them stand out. Just need a console/buffet/credenza with to place within the curve of the wall. This area is part of the continuation of a large entryway and I want it to really stand out with a Wow factor.

• Deborah Bruening
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you Swain Customs! I will take a look at the site online and contact you if needed. So appreciate your offer:)

• Deborah Bruening
    Författare
    8 år sedan

@miacometlady That little teal curved sofa is adorable and so functional with the rollers. It could be rolled into my large family room for extra seating when we have guests. Can you give me an idea of the place of business it can be found?

• Maureen
    8 år sedan

West Elm has a settee and you can select fabrics and colors. www.westelm.com/products/rounded-retro-curved-sofa-h766/

Deborah Bruening thanked Maureen
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

hang to prints in there and be done. the curved sofa is amazing.

• sandradclark
    8 år sedan

Do you have enough room in the foyer to put a round table in the middle of the room with a nice floral arrangement on it? It can be a smallish one about 32" round. Place a round

Classic Area Rug, Light Green, Gold, Round 3'6" · Mer info

rug under it.

• PRO
    User
    8 år sedan

Curved walls are a challenge. Here's an art installation we did recently on a long curved wall. We didn't want anything that stuck out too far as it is also the main traffic way. The glass are from Viz Art Glass is really fun!

• miacometlady
    8 år sedan

the blue settee is from William Yeoward, a designer. Probably very pricey.. Horchow has a few settees with curved sides that may do the trick.

• PRO
    User
    8 år sedan

Here is a wonderful oval shaped credenza that might work for your curved space.

Deborah Bruening thanked User
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.