aaronpnelson

paint colors for rustic modern remodel?

aaronpnelson
11 år sedan
we are struggling to find the right colors for our home we just purchased. we have some great features like a rustic stone 3-sided fireplace, dark slate and blonde oak floors, and thick rustic beams in living room. we normally like shades of white but feel the white will be too stark a contrast with these other elements and make them appear dirty. help! we would love specific colors of paint that we can go buy today and put samples up today. thanks so much!

Kommentarer (12)

• aaronpnelson
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    we were thinking some shad of gray- thanks for the recommendation- we will try that one!
  • tatjanamandaric16
    11 år sedan
    color how you and you familly love
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    11 år sedan
    Your fireplace stone work can help guide you with your colour range. Find some colour swatches that you like and see if they "match up" with any of the stone in your fireplace. Pick a tone that is found in the fireplace and run with it! You have dozens of colours to choose from.

What is the decor/wall treatment on the window/door wall? Is it a textured wall paper, or a faux finish? I wonder if you could up date this wall, you would be a bit closer to the "modern" than the "rustic" side of your quest.
  • michigammemom
    11 år sedan
    Congratulations on your new home. Take a look at Benjamin Moore's Shaker Beige to complement the warm, golden tones of your stone.
  • aaronpnelson
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    cancork- the wallcovering was a textured wallpaper and it has already been removed:) thanks for your suggestions
  • User
    11 år sedan
    Sorry, just wanted to amend an earlier suggestion. The actual name of the Benjamin Moore paint is "Revere Pewter". I was checking back and don't know what I was thinking with the name since I do know it - all I can chalk it up to is have a bit of a cold - so obviously just not thinking straight! The other things ARE correct, it's the most popular BM gray with a warm tone. Like the other suggestions above as well. Best to you in your new home and sorry for the mix up!
  • megmegmeg
    11 år sedan
    Pale oak is also a Benjamin Moore decorator choice color and might be nice with fireplace/floor...Revere Pewter might also work, but both are cooler tones. My all time favorite is Pratt & Lambert Moth Gray, not a gray though, just a light warm taupe.
  • aaronpnelson
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Emzc... Thanks for clarifying. I think we had figured that's what you meant
    Meg... Thanks for suggestions. Sound very interesting and we will definitely try those two you recommend
  • PRO
    Walls with an Attitude
    11 år sedan
    Ben Moore also has a color called Grant Beige. We did a clients master bedroom in it and really loved the color...Good luck and enjoy your new place!
  • tatjanamandaric16
    11 år sedan
    Maybe I like light color
  • Ski Girl
    9 år sedan
    I am having the same issue. I just moved into an open modern rustic home after 20 years in an old colonial with 7' ceilings! I LOVE revere pewter and can tell you I spent 3 months finding the perfect color. BUT, it looks dark and green in my new home. I'm stuck as well!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.