pride_pools

Empty wall and empty head of ideas need your help!

Luke
8 år sedan

Hey Houzzers,

This is the wall behind my sofa, as you can see it needs a little sprucing up. I'm thinking of maybe some cool printed art or something along those lines, but I'm open to hear some more interesting suggestions from the creatives amongst the Houzz community!

Thanks guys!

Kommentarer (22)

• LouieT
    8 år sedan

Is that wall pink or is that the photo?

What ever style is you and gives you joy but large enough to fill the space. Do you like to travel?

Places We'll Go Vintage World Map · Mer info
    Are your tastes contemporary?
    Up Close · Mer info
    Does nature inspire you?
    Look Images Artworks · Mer info
    Do you want to make a statement about yourself?
    Collage Wall Art - Bull Dog · Mer info
    Or????
    Lost In Forever · Mer info
    :-)

Luke thanked LouieT
  • LouieT
    8 år sedan

Just one more question please Luke....

Object of Desire - Art Gallery · Mer info
    "What's left in the budget?"

Luke thanked LouieT
  • JoAnn Clarke
    8 år sedan

Wallpaper is really making a comeback now. I would love to see a feature wall in wallpaper or a custom mural. A cheaper option would be hand painting the wall using metallic paint. Here I've done up a few examples. If you search for custom wall paper you can create something really unique. Check out this supplier http://www.pickawall.com.au for example.
    And add some pops of colour by using cushions, artwork and a centre piece on your coffee table.

Wallpaper and artwork - doesn't this look cosy...

Metallic paint, artwork and cushions - love the red and gold!

or mural - picture yourself overlooking this Melbourne cityscape!

Hope this helps.

Jo

Luke thanked JoAnn Clarke
  • PRO
    Test
    8 år sedan

Collages are always great for taking up wall space, you can always use personal photos of your travels, clocks, abstract items, etc.

Luke thanked Test
  • PRO
    K. Best Interiors
    8 år sedan

You can put in long shelves and then add a mix of personal photos, favorite art, and treasures from world travels. A couple samples below:

Mountain View Townhouse · Mer info

Bohemian Eclectic · Mer info

A colourful London home · Mer info

Luke thanked K. Best Interiors
  • Dania Monge
    8 år sedan

How about a bold color to break up the neutrals? A statement color/pattern that sets the tone in the room. Plus, I like the idea of a collage mentioned above. Makes it personal but also sets a nice focal point!

Luke thanked Dania Monge
  • Walter Rygiol
    8 år sedan

We have a similar space in our house. We got a world map and had it mounted onto a Styrofoam/cardboard surface on the back. We have colored pins that we put into map of the places we've traveled together and a different color for the places we've traveled independently. Looks great, takes up space and is definitely a conversation piece every time someone people come over.

Luke thanked Walter Rygiol
  • PRO
    Chelsea Haas
    8 år sedan

Gallery walls are a great way to bring personality into your home! My favorite gallery walls include a color (white frames, blue toned pictures, all neutrals as examples), a theme (travels, personal photos, sports, music, or a more eclectic mix) and texture (some personal trinkets, shelves with frames propped up, different types of frames)

Jennifer and Chris · Mer info

Working Inspiration · Mer info

Stacy Weiss: Shadyside, Pennsylvania · Mer info

Luke thanked Chelsea Haas
  • PRO
    Bridget Conk
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I agree, adding some type of floating shelves is a great way to spruce up your room.

Living Room · Mer info

The Urban Executives · Mer info

Armadale Residence · Mer info

Luke thanked Bridget Conk
  • Kate Hatch
    8 år sedan

I'd do a reclaimed wood wall behind that couch. You can buy a product called Stikwood, which will make it really easy to install. Buy it on Houzz here, or look at more photos of it on their website here. Good luck and be sure to post what you end up doing with your wall!

Luke thanked Kate Hatch
  • User
    8 år sedan

for cliche' sake... may i suggest the art from monica and chandler's loungeroom?

Luke thanked User
  • Susan Redman
    8 år sedan

Children's portraits of parents!

Luke thanked Susan Redman
  • pompom_
    8 år sedan

I agree! Frames are you answer. Maybe even just one big frame next to a simple floor standing lamp. I also like Kristen Gephart's idea. Here what you could do with a big frame -

NBC's "American Dream Builders" · Mer info

Luke thanked pompom_
  • Luke
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Wow, so many amazing ideas, I'm going to have enough inspiration for every wall in the house! Thanks to everyone for your awesome suggestions so far ...!

• oliviaamywicks
    8 år sedan

WOW Luke you're right, so many amazing ideas! Why not bring some fish into your home. LIVING ART.

• Luke
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks Liz, I think this may be a little beyond my budget. I do have some space on my hall table which would be good for a mini goldfish bowl though! Maybe I'll name him Pal

• Jenny Drew
    8 år sedan

I'd go for a giant mirror above the sofa, open that space right up and throw some light around the place. You don't have to go for an expensive option either, I found mine at a salvage yard for $30 and repainted the frame with a sample pot of paint!

Jenn

Potts Point 1 bedroom · Mer info

• PRO
    Authentic Artworks - Jana McLeod
    8 år sedan

Happy to help with an artwork :) Please goto www.janamcleod.com to view examples of work. Commission work available and delivery to most places in Australia :)

• PRO
    Senna Jean Design
    8 år sedan

Hello, I offer art prints on my shop (www.sennajean.com.au) and I also offer custom designs. Feel free to contact me at senna@sennajean.com.au

• fianou
    8 år sedan

You could frame some handlettered quotes that you like.

Etsy is also a great place to source reasonably priced prints direct from artists.

• artist17
    7 år sedan

Hi, You could go to $2 shop, buy a massive canvas, cover with fabric. Use same fabric or a couple of colours to make scatter cushion covers for your lounge, also a throw for the lounge. Should brighten things up a bit without breaking the budget!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.