moniepark52

Landscaping

Monie
8 år sedan
We are moving into a new home that has 3 yes three electrical raised boxes on our front lawn; these 3 outlets are not in a neat little group but placed on the front corner helter shelter. Can you suggest or have a photo of someone with this situation and the landscape solution for this????? I have attached a photo prior to levelling and grass being done to give you an idea of my situation.

Thanking you in advance for your expert advice for this confusing situation.

Kommentarer (6)

• hayleydaniels
    8 år sedan

I completely agree with unwantedadvice. Don't put in anything more than a small flowers until you find out what they allow. Where I live north of Seattle, if you block a fire hydrant with a plant, the fire department has been known to grab a chain saw, cut it down, leave you a mess and often a ticket for blocking it--and this was my husband's former boss who would do this years ago before retiring--my husband is a firefighter. They need to be able to access the hydrant at a moment's notice, and I'm sure the utility companies feel the same way.

• Monie
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you for your suggestions they are greatly appreciated.
  • PRO
    True Scape Design
    8 år sedan

There are limited options with what you can do in front of the boxes and some limitations at the back as well. Many times they will place a sticker on the boxes stating landscaping requirements as least that is what they do in our area (especially the biggest one). Best thing to do would be to start with finding out exactly what the requirements are starting with a call to the utility provider. Once you find those out you'll know the parameters of where you can plant, best options for a limited use of space (i.e. a tree taking up a good chunk of real estate) is put in upright trellises with vines planted to grow up them, a short fence would also be an option to take up the least amount of space but still block views and preserve space for other things, although a fence might not be an attractive option or an option that fits the space properly. Little hard to tell without seeing the final grade out or the intended lawn areas but there are options to soften or block the views of these things. Best of luck.

• kathleen MK
    8 år sedan
    you might ask the builder and utilities if there are other options to move these.
  • Monie
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you but yes we did ask the builder since we were paying a premium price for the corner lot; but found out later that the majority if not all of the corner lots house these 3 eyesores. Such ridiculousness in this day and age of technology. So in hindsight we paid more to maintain the extra lawn area and have these 3 huge lawn ornaments placed randomly at the front not back of our house. They were put there at no cost to us which was the only item that wasn't a plus plus $$$ on this build. The feedback I am getting is you really can't place flower/shrubs around them due to access and shouldn't use excess water near these electrical units. Lucky us!!!!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.