rebecca_davey47

Kitchen splashback using wallpaper

Rebecca Davey
8 år sedan
senast redigerad:8 år sedan

Hi,
I am having a kitchen installed very soon that is in the same style as the picture. I had decided on a pressed metal splash back but have since discover wallpaper that looks exactly like pressed metal so thought I might use this and cover wallpaper with clear toughened glass thinking cleaning the splash back would be a whole lot easier with the glass finish instead of metal. My cabinet maker is concerned you will be able to see the silicon that attaches glass to wall and I wondered if anyone had used this for a splash back and had that problem, or any other problems. Thanks!

Kommentarer (21)

• Brandi Nash Hicks
    8 år sedan
    You can paint the back of glass and attach it ,look on pintrest for ideas and tutorials, then the adhesive doesn't show
  • karenleonn
    8 år sedan
    I personally don't feel wallpaper is up to the task! In a wet area you really need a tile , glass concrete or something a bit robust around water! There are so many options - but wallpaper shouldn't be one of them.
  • Rebecca Davey
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I agree, wallpaper by itself shouldn't be used but I wouldnt think there would be a problem if covered with clear toughened glass.
  • Terri Turner
    8 år sedan

I think some people haven't read your request very clearly? Your asking if you can place glass over wall paper, not have wall paper on it's own? The show, House Rules on TV, had a few contestants do it. So yes look it up, as I'm sure it's been done a few times before and will look good. The glass will protect the wallpaper. Good Luck

• Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 år sedan

If you're worried about the silicon showing, an alternative could be to get the print of the wallpaper printed directly onto one side of the glass.

See pics attached (not same print, but same idea) :)

Noone Street, Clifton Hill · Mer info

Printed Glass Splashback · Mer info

Extra long British Countryside printed glass splashback · Mer info

• Rebecca Davey
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    That's a great idea gioenne! Do you have any idea how I go about getting that done?
  • Gioenne Rapisarda
    8 år sedan

I've found this pro who seems to do this exact thing in Sydney - you could try giving them a call and seeing if what you want is possible? Prints On Glass

• Rebecca Davey
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks so much! I appreciate your help!:)
  • Rebecca Davey
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks terri! I had a look and it can be amazing I think!! A great way to create a feature and introduce some texture to a kitchen! Although I do still love the pressed metal!! ;)
  • becblair
    8 år sedan

Hi Rebecca, I installed powder coated pressed metal as my kitchen splashback (available in any colour), and it is ridiculously easy to clean. Being powder coated, it is also non porous, smooth and beautiful as a splashback. I can't wait to use it again.

• melmatto
    8 år sedan

I love the idea of sprinted glass splashback, easy to clean... Also love love love your kitchen! It's similar to ours, we went encaustic tiles to break up all the white and to keep with the traditional look, once sealed, the tile have been really easy to keep clean...they come in so many different colours, patterns...here is a link http://www.jatanainteriors.com.au

• Lindel
    8 år sedan
    We wanted to do the same and no one here in Tassie would put the wallpaper behind the glass. Thankfully we were able to get a digital copy of the pattern and a sign writer was able to put it onto a sticky stencil and attach it to the glass...very happy with the result!
  • Rebecca Davey
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and suggestions! I got some very helpful advice! Will post a pic once completed!! :)
  • PRO
    JennoliART
    8 år sedan

Just to throw in some last minute suggestions. Unique custom printed matte finished tiles will create an artwork for your kitchen. Match existing decor and colours with the choice of your artwork, see more

• PRO
    WA WALLPAPER
    8 år sedan

We have installed wallpaper behind glass splash backs on many occasions without any problems, the glass usually being attached by a thin beading of clear silicon applied around the inside perimeter of he glass, then fitted the day after the wallpaper install. MOST importantly the INSIDE of the glass be kept perfectly clean on install as even fingerprints will stand out

Our Wallpapering · Mer info

Our Wallpapering · Mer info

• Lily Arthur
    6 år sedan

your wallpapering is fantastic

• becblair
    6 år sedan

Pressed tin panels powder coated are non porous, but you are thinking of how cleaning the raised pattern will be to clean? Gliding, super easy, fantastic, beautiful, smooth......I could go on.

• Ruth BT
    6 år sedan
    A friend just installed the wallpaper you are talking about. It needed to be painted a strong colour in order for the pattern to show. She did it a warm metallic silver and it looks fantastic. Just wanted to let you know.
  • Tilly
    6 år sedan
    It will be expensive and really hard to do.
    He’s right, you will see the silicone, as others have said you can get glass that’s printed with any pattern you Choose.

Maybe just check what’s available at tiles expo, they have so many embossed or tiles that look like timber metal etc
  • PRO
    Debbie Daly -Sophistication in Design Ltd.
    6 år sedan
    Make sure the glass is templated for a good snug fit then a fine beading of silicon all around will hold the glass in just make sure your wall paper has a good week to dry completely before installing the glass the great thing is if you want to change the wall paper at s later date the glass can be removed and popped up again
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.