mxc6141

Picking a backsplash

Marlene Crep
8 år sedan
Attached is a picture of the tropical blue granite countertop that I have chosen. My cabinets are white shaker. I welcome suggestions on the backslash I should use.

Kommentarer (23)

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    So hard to tell....is that glass tile green or grey
  • marbourget
    8 år sedan

Love the granite.....Is it called Tropical Blue ?

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Yes, that's what they call it in the granite store. Has lots of grey in it and crystals that will look lovely with the under counter lights planned. Just not sure what to do for the very important backsplash
  • marbourget
    8 år sedan

It's lovely!!

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Here is another picture from a different view
  • Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I am thinking of a green or gray back but not too small or busy
  • PRO
    Design Intervention
    8 år sedan

It is clear grey/green glass. Very similar to the iridescent grey/green in your granite.

• emilyam819
    8 år sedan

Don't pick your backsplash till your counters are installed and you can bring tile samples to your home.

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks for that tip. Way to hard to choose without seeing the light the room provides. I'll wait but just wanted to get some ideas from all of you experts so I can narrow down some choices and don't drive everyone crazy.
  • PRO
    Travertine Ceramics
    8 år sedan
    Pick a white and simple tile or natural stone tile. Maybe a tile installed in a haring bone pattern. Or a simple brick style pattern. Stay away from mosaics.
  • Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Can you show me any pictures for example?
  • ycity
    8 år sedan
    That is a spectacular piece indeed. Off white subway? Or pick a grey, green from the stone and use that?
  • PRO
    ABOLOS by GBM
    8 år sedan

A 3"x12" or "3"x6" subway tile

Metro 3 in x 12 in Glass Subway Tile in Glossy Snow White · Mer info

Metro 3 in x 6 in Glass Subway Tile in Glossy Snow White · Mer info

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I do not want to use glass subway tile. Is there a stone subway tile or other material? Or is glass the only way to go
    Thank you. You all provide a great service to the every day consumer who is not familiar with all of this
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 år sedan

Just keep in mind your counter shapes will only show this much stone for each.

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Wow...great perspective. Thanks
    Looks too busy to me. Really want something simpler ......
  • PRO
    Design Intervention
    8 år sedan

Beverly-Great perspective to give the homeowner! Kudos for doing that!

That was why I was suggesting a texture, but not a pattern. Not sure what her aesthetic is, but that stone really lends itself to a contemporary kitchen.

• PRO
    Design Intervention
    8 år sedan

I believe that stone is also called Madre Perla Quartzite.

http://www.kitchen-design-ideas.org/madre-perla-quartzite.html

• PRO
    Design Intervention
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

White Kitchen-shaker style cabinets. Similar stone example.

http://www.kitchen-design-ideas.org/pictures-of-kitchens-traditional-white-kit008.html

Click on first photo on the left.

• Marlene Crep
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    My kitchen will be modern with a beachy flair as I live on the water in Florida
  • suzanne_m
    8 år sedan
  • PRO
    Lynne M Design, LLC
    8 år sedan
    The glass is the perfect combination if the colors are the same. Get a couple of glass samples and take it to your granite company or wherever the slab is to make sure!
    Lynne Montedonico, LYNNE M DESIGN
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.