snaps08

Granite countertop installation

snaps08
8 år sedan
Help! Just had granite countertops installed today and feeling like the job is unacceptable. Would like to hear from experts to confirm this is not standard work and I'm on track with complaints.

1. Excessive caulk under countertops. There is a 1/2 inch gap between cabinets and granite filled with caulk.

2. Dishwasher doesn't look level to me. It was installed by third party subcontractor recommended by the tile/granite company. However, I think it was the tile/granite company attaching the dishwasher to the cabinets that made it uneven.

2. Metal sink brace. My faux under sink drawer fronts normally clip into cabinet frame. Now I'm not sure how to attach them because the metal sink frame is in the way.

Kommentarer (3)

• User
    8 år sedan

These aren't granite problems. They are cabinet installer and unlevel floor problems.

Cabinets have to be installed level and plumb, regardless of the out of level floor. Yours weren't and didn't provide a level substrate for the stone. The issues are owned by the cabinet installer, but you've passed the point of no return on any fix.

The DW is sitting on the unlevel floor. It should have variably adjustible legs, so just slide it out a bit and screw out the legs to level it. It's dead simple to do.

• snaps08
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Thanks. I agree it's a cabinet issue. My concern is no conversation was had before or during installation regarding the cabinets being level. Had I known I would have had them fixed before installation.
  • PRO
    The North Star Companies LLC
    8 år sedan

I agree the cabinets and/or floor were out of level. A good installer would always level cabinets during installation.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.