phinney1077

Single or double bowl kitchen sink?

Angela Phinney
8 år sedan
I am trying to decide if I should choose a single or double bowl sink in my kitchen. Any suggestions on which works better for someone who likes to cook?

Kommentarer (9)

• decoenthusiaste
    8 år sedan

Serious chef's sink in farmhouse style, and a prep sink at the island or near the fridge.

Hahn Chef Series, Handmade 60-40 Double Bowl Farmhouse, Extra Large · Mer info

17" Stainless Steel Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen/Bar/Prep Sink · Mer info

• Judy Mishkin
    8 år sedan

i like to cook. i enjoy having a large single bowl stainless steel sink with the matching wire grid for the bottom.

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

I like having a double, but a 60/40 one. Big pots fit the larger side.

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

What kind are you considering? Stainless? Porcelain? I have composite black granite and really love it.

Northern Liberties, Philadelphia: Eclectic Kitchen · Mer info

• pcmom1
    8 år sedan

Composite granite:

Duragranit - Composite Granite Sinks · Mer info

• jankowskiek
    8 år sedan
    You sink material and color will depend on where you live and how hard the tap water is. Where the mineral content is high in the tap water you may have to dry the sink almost every time you use it to keep water spots from forming; That being said I like a large single deep dark color.
  • MotherOfGiants
    8 år sedan
    Single! I moved into a house with a double after having a single, and it is a daily annoyance -- particularly with kids who don't really appreciate the importance of some things needing to go on the side with a disposal...
  • nancy4286
    8 år sedan

We find most people prefer a double bowl sink, with a generous bowl on either the left or right. One side for washing....one side for air drying if that is your preference. Keep in mind a really large single bowl sink (30 X 22) is similar to a small tub and will take a lot of water to fill. This may not be friendly in areas where water is scarce. Sink grids are great to protect the bottom of your sink, sink insurance if you will, especially if the sink is undermounted under a beautiful granite or quartz countertop as the cutout size is sink specific. An additional note regarding the sink is which side to install the disposal. It's generally helpful to have that installed in the bowl next to the dishwasher where most of the scraping/rinsing will take place.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.