jarav

Need help for my bedroom decoraiting

jarav
11 år sedan
Does anyone have any ideas for decorating this room? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kommentarer (47)

• jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks for your response. The house is new and the color we selected for the walls is crisp khaki. What type and color of window treatments and lamps do you think would look nice? Where do you think the artwork should go? Between the nightstands and walls there is some empty space. What would you recommend for this space?
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    11 år sedan
    Please add a picture of you windows and describe the colors in you bedding.
  • mveasey
    11 år sedan
    I think you could use some window treatment, possibly panels that extend and cover both sides on the window wall. Honestly, your bedding could be a little more exciting in the colour department... And you need some nice bedside lamps. If you don't necessarily need the highboy dresser, I would only have the mirror dresser centered on that wall. I do like your wall colour and your furniture looks very nice!
  • mveasey
    11 år sedan
    Here some photos regarding the drapery and the lamps. Please disregard style of these bedrooms, just trying to show the panels by the windows and lighting.
  • lolaandmarsh
    11 år sedan
    I would paint the bed and lockers cream or light grey, depending on your preference. Then add a feature wall of wallpaper behind the bed. If you go patterned on wallpaper go plain on your curtains. For example floral and stripes go really well together so do your feature wall in one and curtains in the other. Just make sure you pick your paint colors, fabrics, wallpaper and accessories from the same color family. Different tones of the same color can be really nice. There's also some really cool textured wallpapers out there, which add loads of interest to a room. I would also put lots of cushions and throws etc on bed, nice bedside lamps and room should be looking real good!
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    Mirrors in a bedroom (especially facing the bed) is a feng shui no-no. Put the mirror under the bed and get a wonderful large art piece for above the dresser. Move the dresser center with the wall and put the highboy dresser on the blank wall on the right of the bed. How about a soft silver/blue wall color behind the bed? A couple a pretty good size bedside lamps (clear glass) and drapery panels on the windows and this room will be elegant and cozy.
  • Kevin Retired Decorator
    11 år sedan
    I would move the bed & nite stands toward the window to allow a place for the tall chest of drawers on the wall opposite the window. Then center the dresser on the same wall add a small chair in the corner on that same wall next to the window. Then I would buy some tall large lamps for the nite stands. I would invest in a new print fabric bedspread and drapes to match in your favorite colors. Then consider a accent wall from the fabric as a accent color on the bed wall. Adding a second and maybe a third color to create a color scheme. Add a lamp on the dresser to. Then accessorize the space with plants,pillows and candles and or flowers etc in large scale. Place a picture above the chest and to the right side of the window wall. And possibly one picture to the left of the dresser wall. I think your furniture will feel more placed around the room this way instead of using just 2 walls. Your going to have a beautiful room. Retired Decorator, Kevin
  • User
    11 år sedan
    In addition to the suggestions above, of you can remove the metal scroll detail from the headboard, it would be more classic. Consider a light neutral bedcover and shams and then use a favorite color in the drapes, second set of shams and a coverlet, one or more of which could have a pattern that ties to a style you like.
  • lydiamuir
    11 år sedan
    Love your solid wood furniture, very nice! I think a lot of it comes down to your preference with colours, but I would certainly lighten up you bed cover with creams or whites to compliment the wood on your bed. I would also look at adding more textures to your room by adding a feature wall. Wallpaper on the back wall behind your bed could be quite nice or even some featured art work on that back wall. Definitely lamp shades with some height would be great also complimenting lighter creams or white in colour. As for the windows, plantation shutters are a great option also. As for the other side of your room, I would consider getting rid of your drawers, they look like they take up a lot of your space in your room. Maybe just keeping the one dresser drawer with a nice antique looking chair to tie in with the other colours you use in your bed pillows. Here's a few photos of ideas.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    These are photos of the room facing the window and door, and showing the bedspread. What color would be best for the curtains and lamps, and possibly for a new bedspread or comforter? We want to keep all of the drawers as we have many things to store and need them. What type of art would be good for a bedroom? I love the traditional style of the rooms, but I'm having trouble coming up with decorating ideas. I would be most grateful for any responses!
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    more
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    11 år sedan
    Looks like you have room for drapery panels. I like the blue in the bedding, as well as the champagne color. The bedding also has a leafy pattern. That could be a nice theme for the bedroom. Adding some nature elements in the drapery. You could use the blue color for lamps. Make sure the lamps are some what tall. Maybe at least 20" high.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    We rearranged the room a little bit, moving the bed and nightstands toward the window, and moved the tallboy dresser to the wall opposite the window, and out from the corner a little so that it was more even with the nightstand. We think it looks good from inside the room, but we think it looks a little funny from the door since the first thing you see is the side of the tallboy. In the space between the window and the dresser we are thinking of putting an armchair. We are also thinking of putting a tree in the corner between the nightstand and tallboy, though it would be obscured by the tallboy when seen from the door. What does everyone think: better now, or better before?
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    more pics
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 år sedan
    Can you center everything? Center the bed on the wall, center the chest and center the dresser on the wall they are on. Since bed has wrought iron scroll work, I think medium size lamps with a scroll feature that relates to the bed would be pretty. Floor to ceiling drapery panels with a black rod would give height and speak to the furniture as well.
    Scroll Table Lamp · Mer info
    11 år sedan
    I think it looks nice, Of course this is what I had said for a room arrangement. lol You could soften the High chest with a plant on top trailing down the side some. I think once you get your lamps and other much need accessories the room will be great. The bed will become the main focus when you walk in the room if you play that up the most. Retired Decorator, Kevin
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    11 år sedan
    I would move the tall dresser over more so you can keep the bed and nightstands more centered in the room if you can. Otherwise, the dresser on the opposite wall looks good.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Do you mean to center the bed on the entire wall, or on the space between the window and where the tallboy sits? Centering on the wall pretty much puts it back where it was and wouldn't leave room for the tallboy. I agree with the lamp and drapery suggestions, though, that would be very pretty!
  • Darzy
    11 år sedan
    How about stenciling the bed wall? That would punch up the space as well. There is no "design" right now. Just nice furniture.:)
    Megan Cadogan · Mer info
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    We moved the bed and nightstands slightly away from the window to more center them between the window and the tallboy. We moved the tallboy away from the corner a little, and moved the dresser toward the window a few inches. I relocated the entryway lamp to one of the nightstands as an example, and placed one of the dining chairs in the corner to see what a chair there would look like.

A couple of questions. Does this color lamp shade work? What about the height of the lamp? What style and color chair would go well? Does the corner chair look better as I have it placed at an angle, or would it look better if it was more square to the wall?
  • pjrn
    11 år sedan
    The lamp is too small for the size of furniture. Make it a bolder size, perhaps picking up the metal in the bedframe. The shade can be white to pick up the white in the window shade; or better, a contrasting color like a soft blue or a darker taupe that will stand out against the wall.
    Have you considered a softer armchair, maybe an upholstered tufted rocker, in a complementary color/pattern? Definitely keep whatever chair you choose at an angle. You want inviting, not regimented.
    While the colors look calm, the room seems very brown/beige. I don't see the contrasting tones in the bed linen, but you might consider a soft blue for grommet drapes on a metal rod that reflects the metal on the headboard.
  • sayswho
    11 år sedan
    Great pieces of furniture though in this size room they are very dark and heavy so try using lamps with lighter shades or bases with sparkle as in mercury glass etc.I agree with the pictures etc. of nature you need some lighter color. Try small framed mirror a few inches above bedside tables on each side of bed and a tall lamp beside to give some depth to the wall.
    11 år sedan
    The lamp is much to small for the nite stands, but that would be good for the dresser. You need something as tall as the top of the head board and something heavier in scale. That will bring drama, try looking at end table lamps they use in living rooms. Kevin
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 år sedan
    Darzy, great idea with the stencil wall behind the bed. Jarav, you've been guided to a much better arrangement of the furniture. It's quite handsome, but there's so much of it; I wonder whether the side tables could become living room end tables and we might see something else in here besides more of the same? Thank you so much for your photos along the way -- it's really fun to see things coming along for you.

Oh, and yes to an upholstered chair on an angle in the corner.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    I put a couple of chairs I'm considering for that spot next to the dresser. You guys have any opinions? I'm trying to decide between white and red for the chair. I'm open to your suggestions!
  • lparides
    11 år sedan
    You have to much, your try a new lay out
  • dessert
    11 år sedan
    Try your tall boy next to the window on the right. It will look better from the door.
    11 år sedan
    If your using the bed spread with blue in it I would go with the white and with little wood on the chair. I feel you have enough wood in the room. If you go with red I would buy a new Bed spread and curtains that would pick up the red as a accent color. The style of the chair on the left has a more inviting look. A armless or slipper chair would work also. They are easy on the budget. I would try and find a wide stripe with the colors your going to use. The key will be the pattern & colors you use on the bed 1st then go from there. Retired Decorator, Kevin
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    11 år sedan
    I like the red choice the best. I wouldn't do the brown drapes because your furniture is brown. Too much brown in the room.
  • misspeggy7
    11 år sedan
    Chalk paint the bed red. That would be awesome. Put some very personal art above the bed. Window treatments should have a natural cotton or linen curtain with maybe some tortoise shell blinds. A big standing mirror next to the bed side tables. On the bedside tables, matching glass lamps with sort of a burlap shade. Bedding - something light and organic with a couple of unique throw pillows. Don't forget a great bedroom chair, maybe something with a pattern. Move the high boy away from the other dresser, maybe catti-corner (sp??) Put a piece of chunky pottery on the high boy. Add a beautiful area rug and vwalla! No more boring.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Thanks for the ideas. We really love our furniture and the natural look of the wood. We're trying to make the room feel warm and cozy, but just don't know how to make it feel that way and are afraid to make a mistake. We try moving the tallboy to the corner on the diagonal, but there wasn't enough space to make it look right with the nightstand next to the bed too. Keep those good ideas coming!
  • lparides
    11 år sedan
    And two dress on the same wall does not work.
  • PRO
    Blinds Direct Canada
    11 år sedan
    I agree I think that by adding drapery it will really add alot of drama to the room . I think it will look amazing! .
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Ok, we bought a chair, a pair of lamps with shades, and 2 sets of pictures (2 pair in different sizes). The theme was red. Do you guys have opinions on which size photos will look better (the larger or the smaller), and how high the pictures should be over the nightstands? We're thinking that the lamps need to be on the outside edge of the nightstands, with the pictures on the inside edge. This way the lamps don't block the pictures from any vantage point in the room and shouldn't require the pictures to be too high on the wall. We're thinking the curtains should not be red, as they would be too close to the chair and would overwhelm the room with red. The question then becomes, what color would go well?
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    more
  • lparides
    11 år sedan
    No u have too much in the room.
  • lparides
    11 år sedan
    No red on the walls maybe one wall even that's to much, lamps are to small, and the pic are to busy.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    Something doesn't seem right to me. I don't know if things are too crowded together, or the lamp shades are the wrong color, or if the lamps are too big or too small, of if I even need the pictures over the nightstands. I can't decide between the brown lamp shades and the red, or if it needs to be another color entirely. And I also can't decide on a color for the curtains, or if maybe the room needs a third accent color. Help!
  • PRO
    Alix Flamm Designs
    11 år sedan
    I think the pictures are fine. You just need to place them more at eye level. That's the general rule for picture placement. Yes you can add a third color. Why not a olive green. Get a pillow on the bed and the chair in that color to add to the room. You can do a stripe for the drapes in olive, red, brown, and ivory. I would go with a smaller stripe rather than A big bold stripe pattern so it won't overwhelm the room.
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    PLEASE help with curtains))) I bought these ...and I see that they don't look right
  • jarav
    Författare
    11 år sedan
    more
  • erasistible
    11 år sedan
    There is a lot of brown in the room. There seems to be red tones in the wood. I think it would be nice as someone suggested to use some olive green in the room. It will contrast with the brown and red, and brighten the room a bit. I also think the lamps should be metallic or cream with a brown glaze, but not solid brown. Bedding in a paisley design with red and green in it, or color blocking with browns, creams and reds would look nice. I think the paisley one would look better because the curves in the design would echo the curves in the furniture. The curves in both would tie both together in a subtle way.
  • PRO
    House of Fine Carpentry- CABIFY Cabinetry
    11 år sedan
    In order to add more detail to your room I would suggest some crown moulding and maybe cottage bead board on the walls.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 år sedan
    erasistible -- where, oh where, did you find that red paisley bedding? I have a red chinoiserie armoire in my own bedroom that I'll never part with, but bedding is coming in everything but red paisley or even ikat these days. I have an extra of my favorite RL red paisley, but with a house full of boys -- one of whom is a crazy great pyrenees, I'm saving that one for a rainy day and looking for a new one for them to trash on a day to day basis.
  • erasistible
    11 år sedan
    I was searching images for "red paisley" and found that one from Pottery Barn. I don't know if it is still available, though. Good luck!
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 år sedan
    Thanks era! I'd looked at PB, but not since White Sale season started. It wasn't still there, but some other good options are -- for the dog and my guys to jump on until it falls apart.

Jarav, your last curtain photo would be my choice of them. And I can't recall if I mentioned it when you originally posted, but to me, you're just a couple of pieces too "matching furniture set heavy" here. I think if you find a couple of side tables closer to your wall color or in the red of your chair, and perhaps use the otherwise perfectly nice side tables as end tables in another room with a couch, it will lift the feeling in here.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.