deesyd

Ideas for decoration.

deesyd
8 år sedan
Need Ideas for filling these up ... What are they called?

First picture is family room , second is opposite kitchen/ dining. Third is at side of the foyer . I want to keep these in coordination but not sure if that's how they are decorated normally? ....
Would appreciate pictures along with suggestions my house style is in between contemporary to modern.

Kommentarer (11)

• Diane Land
    8 år sedan

I'm not exactly sure what these are called but I searched wall indent and did find some hits on Houzz. [https://www.houzz.com/photos/wall-indent-phbr0lbl-bl~l_48111[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/wall-indent-phbr0lbl-bl~l_48111). I think the middle one was meant for a statue. Regardless, some nice artwork in them would keep with your modern vibe.

• PRO
    Natural Balance Home Builders
    8 år sedan

the one above the fireplace would need lights to shines from above as shown in the pic below. and some art objects can look really good. or another option is just to fill it in and get rid off it totally and have a painting above the fireplace

the second one, i can imagine would make a great bookshelf if you add a couple of shelves. or you can use the shelves to arrange beautiful objects such as pottery and etc

and the third would be great with a vase with some tall flowers that would add texture

• PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

to be honest i would fill the ones in over the fire place. if that is not an option than i would get a two canvas prints made to cover them.

the one in the foyer i would maybe put up a picture on either side, or a key rack, maybe a dish or something to hold mail... make it an entry feature. paint the back of it an accent color

the one in the hall way put two pictures stacked and a vase with flowers.

• er612
    8 år sedan

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

The niches over the fireplace need to be eliminated, covered with drywall, so you can decorate the mantel properly. Don't try hanging art over top of them; it will be way too high. Anything else you put up there to cover them, say an antique door, will be way too big and overwhelm the fireplace anyway. Best thing is to make them go away.

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

• groveraxle
    8 år sedan

For the other niches, you could do something like this:

East Lakeview Residence · Mer info

I think if you're going to give something a place of honor in a niche, it ought to be something at least a bit out of the ordinary. Otherwise. I'd rather see a blank wall.

• Winnie Carey
    8 år sedan
    I think you should put a vase (as seen below) like this or this one and put some nice flowers in it
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.