johnkimondo2

what ideas to warm up this place. currently very dull

John Kenya1
8 år sedan
our living room needs your ideas. want to convert bookshelf into an entertainment unit with lights n minimum decor

Kommentarer (16)

• PRO
    Akiva Projects Ltd
    8 år sedan

Hello,

You should definitely bring in some colours! Some yellow, red or blue would look nice!

Do you consider changing your furniture?

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Hello John,

The first things I noticed were that the fireplace is rather interesting.. but the armchair in front of it, isn't doing either any favours.. Could you possible put the plant in a larger pot so it's a bit higher.. Move the armchair to sit in front of that area of wall angled in and not too far back to the wall and plant behind but again not close into the wall.... Move the sofa round to sit under that long panel with the frames and vases to accommodate this. So the sofa is facing the fireplace which should be the focus and be free of things, then the glass paneling isn't being covered by anything too big.

The picture to the left of the fireplace and the light is too small.. What about something larger here that reflects the light.. A mirror would be nice..

It is hard to tell the orientation of things.. The two sofas in a row.. try them opposite each other with a coffee table in between.. Move the wall light next to the bookcase.. It's too close and too small there..

With the book case you could simply look a removing a section in the middle to house the tv if you want to display it. Look at the display of things.. The counter top might be nicer free with just 1 vase and flowers.. The rest of the pictures could be displayed in groups.. A floor light might be a nice idea and a table lamp or two. Maybe consider another mirror on the wall to the left of the bookcase and possibly a console or something.. under a mirror and you could either then leave the wall light or add another to the other side of the mirror.. So it becomes part of an arrangement, rather than stuck by itself..

See what you think... Lastly, the wall to the right of the fireplace if you're facing the fire (with the other picture on it) Why not consider painting that grey to match the fire... then it immediately makes this area a bigger focus, which I think would be fabulous.. I think the texture of the fireplace and the grey could work with other stone colours for accessories and possibly a few more plants.. You also have the wood and the sofas, so adding some light stone or grey cushions also brings it all together..

For the bookcase, if you wanted to paint it.. consider colours that are similar but becoming increasingly lighter as you get to the top.. So starting out with a charcoal or something darkish.. you accommodate the tv in the bottom 4 shelves which are painted a darker grey, then gradually go up with lighter greys till you finish with a creamy white at the top... This way the tv doesn't stand out so much and the colours are still complimentary with the room... : ))

• turquoisetree53
    8 år sedan

What a gorgeous interesting space space. Perfect for lots of BIG GREEN plants enjoying themselves?! Even getting a few big good quality artificial ones in, will help.

• johnkimono2
    8 år sedan

Many thanks AJ interiour styling limited for your detailed and well thought out ideas. i sencerely appreciate . i suspect that they will work. the plants to the right of the fire place are meant to be planted . there is a small flower flowerbed so i was testing. i will look in-depth at your ideas and will certainly keep you informed on the end look. Thank you again

John

• johnkimono2
    8 år sedan

I also intend on changing the cushions and adding some colour .

• PRO
    Global Inspirations Design
    8 år sedan

You may wish to add some colour and pattern. For instance cushions are always a good starting point or a colourful rug with a funky pattern. I would also recommend some ambiance lighting and creating different layers of light. Good luck!

• Emmanuelle
    8 år sedan
    What a lovely unusual space! I would play the mid- century card here! Sideboard with colourful art above, mustard cushions, a little bit of orange? Look at Ikea, they have nice mid-century armchair for less than £200 that would go well with such style. Why not wallpaper the back of the shelving to bring a bit of colour/ patterns?
  • PRO
    FrithRugs
    8 år sedan

Love that fireplace - how about a bright kelim rug to add colour and warmth?

• mrsmcee74
    8 år sedan
    Love the retro vibe - how about this for the bookcase?
  • PRO
    The Paint Makers
    8 år sedan

Hello John! :)

October Squash painted on the back wall as a feature wall would look gorgeous and brighten up the room, making it really warm and inviting!

Here is a link:

http://www.paintbyconran.com/en-GB/collections/kitchen-garden/m/product/view/71/preserve-elements

Also, have you thought about purchasing any nice throws for the sofas or bright pillows?! I like your plants, too. Perhaps even buy some more plants and make it a themed room? It would look really cool and the warmth of the orange wall and soft throws would balance out the tone of the room perfectly!

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Georgie :) x

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 år sedan

Most welcome John,

Look forward to seeing how you get on.. : ))

• gdouglas27
    8 år sedan

Lovely room very exciting, so much you could do An Eames chaur in walnut and white with the natching footstool would be a great addition after painting that stone wall white. Colour could be added with the cushions in African textiles and textured throws. Some lovely street art ciuld be shiwcased with bokd lively colours.

• PRO
    Direct Trade Supplies
    8 år sedan

Light, colour, energy, verve! Some strip lights across the white shelving and those unique windows would look great.

• PRO
    Atlantis rugs
    8 år sedan

Brightly colored rugs would bring more color and warmth to your home. Since you have beautiful wooden floor, a brightly colored rug would defiantly stand out. You can go for either a modern style or even a traditional design. Here are a few examples, for further more please check out our website.

Qashqai Persian rugs · Mer info

Pamchal Persian rugs · Mer info

Modern Rugs · Mer info

• John Kenya1
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Looking for ideas on fabric colors to use on these dining seats. Our home is not very bright so it needs to probably bright and lively . We are also looking at new curtains in entire home . to match whole place up. We have wooden floor .

We will also be changing the seat in Entertainment / TV room .

Our home feels very blunt .

The room is L shaped

Ideas and thoughts will be highly appreciated .

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.