claphands

New Marble Tile Shower Problems

claphands
8 år sedan
1. The bottom row of Carrera marble tiles (that meet the floor tiles) have water stain marks that don't go away.
This is the second lot of tiles this has happened to as they had been replaced and resealed and now it's happened again. We are stuck with this problem.

2. Water is seeping through a grout line on the shower floor. The grout line is damp looking and when it's pressed water seeps through (strange). Our shower floor is porcelain and is under tile heated.

3. Shower glass door is now catching and rubbing on shower wall on the opening side.

All these problems ... The shower is part of a complete master ensuite renovation finished 10 months ago at a cost of over $70,000.00
We haven't used our shower on a regular basis because of tile problems so on average its been used approx. 4 times a week. We dry the whole shower down every time its used.

All the marble showers I've seen on HOUZZ are beautiful... Why me?

Kommentarer (4)

• mldesign0401
    8 år sedan

Your fit off plumber needs to come back and investigate for you, perhaps inspect your floor grate/waste, why would water seep from your walls.

it must be excess water from either waste water or a leak from the water inlet? Is the tile water line on the same wall as the tap fit off? If so, perhaps a pipe was pierced or compromised, and is leaking the water internally down the wall. I would remove the tile level altogether to dry out, and see what's going on there when and why.

• mazpt
    8 år sedan
    Sounds like you need to get the builder/plumber back asap.

I'd also pull out your contract and have a look if the conditions state how problems are to be resolved and in what timeframe. The longer this goes unresolved the harder it will be.

Keep us updated.
  • PRO
    Groove Tiles & Stone
    8 år sedan

We have seen a similar issue in the past. The problem occurred when the porcelain tile on the floor did not have 100% contact with the tile adhesive, this caused water to seep down though the grout join and hold in pockets under the tile in the areas where there was no direct contact. The water being trapped in the pockets under the tile does not evaporate and can leave the tiles looking stained. If this is the case with your floor tiles the bottom row of carrara marble tiles are simply acting like a sponge drawing water up. To fix the problem we would suggest that the bottom row of carrara marble and the porcelain tiles on the shower floor need to be removed and relayed ensuring full adhesive coverage. Unfortunately this may compromise your under tile heating and waterproof membrane. Proceed with caution.

• mazpt
    8 år sedan
    Any updates claphands?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.