karolyn_davies

Blackout curtains to match master bedroom

Karolyn Davies
8 år sedan
In June I redid my master bedroom. The paint is Sherman Williams Tradewind and I bought a beautiful duvet set from pottery barn. the bad news is that I've had to return 6 different curtains because everything clashes. The trim of bedroom is white and the ceiling has a bit of beige. I really need help finding curtains. Any ideas? At this point, I'm thinking I need to re-paint!

Kommentarer (24)

• Elle
    8 år sedan

I think just a solid light taupe would work.

• Diane Land
    8 år sedan

Have you tried a beige?

Overstock.com

• Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I tried white and beige, I thought the beige clashed with the paint. It's soooo overwhelming.
  • Diane Land
    8 år sedan

Because the beige is a neutral it shouldn't clash but maybe you are correct in needing a repaint if the paint is not working. Perhaps more of a greige paint...

• PRO
    Masters of Design
    8 år sedan

Great wall color. You have plenty of options for curtain colors considering your bedding but i would try a dark smokey grey. This way you have no issues with the beige on the ceiling, the trim color nor the wall color. It will stand out on its own but will compliment the bedding.

Good Luck

• tjbj
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan
  • Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Would smokey grey still work if there's no grey in duvet? It would be introducing another colour? Here's a swatch of bedding.
  • sandradclark
    8 år sedan

I would paint the ceiling in a flat white ceiling paint only add some of the wall color to it. Not much, just enough to take the brightness of the white away. Do you have an Ikea in your area? They have great drapes (sold in pairs) in room darkening colors. Even in light colors. Go with a grommet top or clip top drape as they are easy to open & close. Take your wall paint sample & a pillow case from the duvet set with you. Your room is very lovely & I think this should have you going in the right direction.

• dahlhouse00
    8 år sedan
    The dark color on the duvet looks like smokey grey but is it navy instead? Navy panels?
  • Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    I always thought it was teal but I see some pics with navy shams
  • Elle
    8 år sedan

If you did solid drapes in the taupe/beige from the duvet (which appears to be slightly darker than the wall color), although it would be different color than the wall color, it could be seen as good contrast vs. clashing. A safer option where you may think there is less clashing is to get solid drapes a couple of shades darker than your current wall color (similar to SW Interesting Aqua) which appears to be very similar to the aqua in your duvet.

• PRO
    Donlena Design
    8 år sedan

Hi Karolyn,

I think your choice of wall color is great! It is a great choice for a bedroom because it is very soothing and neutral. I think all your room needs is the proper mix of texture and color to make it feel more warm and comfortable. I have prepared two quick inspiration boards so you can see how making a few calculated changes can make your space feel complete. Good Luck!

• sandradclark
    8 år sedan

I do like your lamps, however the shelf could use a larger say, piece of art on it.

• PRO
    AMD Interior Fashions
    8 år sedan
    There is no need to repaint and no reason to be stressed about this! Have you considered calling a custom window treatment professional in your area? He or she will bring fabric samples to your home so can you can find the perfect coordinating fabric for your windows. You will also have a chance to discuss the various types of treatments to enhance your window and room. You can be sure that custom window coverings will fit perfectly. A professional can make the process fun and stress-free! Search "window treatments" under "find a professional" here on Houzz. Contrary to popular belief, custom window treatments don't have to cost a fortune. Good luck!
  • Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Anyone have thoughts for off white or navy faux silk?
  • Elle
    8 år sedan

I had thought white would be too light and navy too dark but, if really like one or the other, you should do it.

• PRO
    Joanna Shirin Design Studios, ASID
    8 år sedan
    You wall color is absolutely fine , no need to repaint. My suggestion would be to go with the custom curtains. You can select a fabric that blends with the wall color well but not necessarily matches it... this will add a calming effect to the space . I also suggest a vertical trim tape or gimp matching with darkest color of your bedding accenting the leading edges of the curtains . Curtains can be simple pinch pleat and mounted as high as possible to the ceiling line. Good luck!
  • Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    Although custom drapes is likely the best answer, I'm only here for a year or so and don't want to make the investment. I'm really just looking to buy off the shelf, just can't determine colour.
  • Brandy Babcock
    8 år sedan
    if you are looking for something that does not clash, have you considered going with a similar shade to the walls? then you decorative items will stand out more.
  • Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan
    It's a loooottttt of blue :). I really regret the paint because nothing matches.
  • katinparadise
    8 år sedan

This is a cream color foam backed panel from Wayfair. They're $28.99 per panel. Do you think they might work?

• PRO
    The Shade Store
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Hi Karolyn,

A good rule of thumb when recreating your master bedroom with a lot of fabrics is keeping the walls light and airy. The drapery needs to complement the wall color and coordinate with the other fabrics. At The Shade Store we have some great fabrics that would look fantastic with your beautiful Pottery Barn duvet cover. Here are a few suggestions! You can get them FREE right online!

Sonia Wincott

THE SHADE STORE

t: 800.754.1455 | p: 212.645.2424 ext 268

swincott@theshadestore.com

• Karolyn Davies
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Sonia, this is exactly what i needed!!!!! That being said, sadly i ordered something else yesterday, if they don't work, i LOVE what you sent!!! Will check it out now! Thanks so much!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.