darrellw1

Ideas for our new patio

darrellw1
8 år sedan
senast redigerad:8 år sedan

I have a small area that will be the thoroughfare to the swimming pool from the patio. I need to create a pathway that suites bare feet, is clean (no grass or leaves) and is non slip.
What materials can I use for the path? I was thinking synthetic grass but will it last in the sun and how much maintenance does it require? I have completed a full deck around the pool. But need to have something different in this area.
Frustrated
DW

Kommentarer (5)

• damo_25
    8 år sedan
    Pave it. Low maintenance, clean and easy on the feet.
    Option 2. Put a stepping stone surrounded by gravel. Put a weed mat under it to stop weeds.
    Option 3. Liquid limestone or concrete the path.

My friends had artificial grass. I think it was the worst idea putting it everywhere. Sun makes it to hot to walk on, any pet # 1 & 2 make it stink, slippery and messy if stepped in #2.
  • bigreader
    8 år sedan
    Consider a decking walkway.
  • PRO
    Aalta Australia
    8 år sedan

Both suggestions above are good. One house we did had an outdoor deck area which led to a pool and we put timber decking on the deck with a perpendicular timber-decked walkway leading to the pool. We then put lights in the walkway which created a 'catwalk', continuing along the deck. It looked great at night lit up with the pool lights on too! Love the stepping stones and gravel idea too.

• mizpetal
    8 år sedan

I totally agree with damo_25, artificial grass can get very hot, the timber-decked walkway sounds lovely, just ensure your termite treatments are done.

• PRO
    Concept Products
    8 år sedan

if you have too much of the same looking decking you can still create decking with a difference using the Maintenance free Millboard decking boards. No timber in them means no splinters and no maintenance. They are cast from actual timber pieces so are the most realistic looking. There is a weathered/rustic look or a cleaner Enhanced grain look. Also has the highest slip rating, R12.

Carbonised Charred Millboard decking · Mer info

Millboard Enhanced Grain jarrah · Mer info

Millboard Smoked Oak decking · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.