micah_zinna

The to much oak house!

Micah Zinna
8 år sedan
I moved across the country three months ago into a house that is oak overload! I knew coming in to the home I would have to paint the walls, but the over abundance of oak colored wood is starting to get to me. The wall/door/window trim, doors, cabinets, floors, staircase banister, and fireplace mantle are all the same color of medium brown oak. I can't replace everything, and don't have an interest in painting it all, so I need to know how to use wall color and decor that complements all the wood.

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

beige through gray.......work well.. this has peach under tones, move to something with a soft gray under tone. also updating the vertical blinds to curtains and changing the light, would help move you out of 1992 :)

• PRO
    Shantam Interiors
    8 år sedan

If the wood overwhelm you no wall color will help un-overwhelm you.

I'd consider painting all the wood and keep it fresh.

Let your floor be the feature, not the "door/window trim, doors, cabinets, floors, staircase banister, and fireplace mantle"...enough is enough.

• alicejean
    8 år sedan
    I would consider replacing verticals with plantation shutters, a new light fixture, and new dining furniture. Find a new paint color you love, and make peace with the oak.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.