tkcalloway

Dark bathroom with black toilet - help with color/decor ideas

T
8 år sedan

I'm in serious need of some direction for my bathroom. I just moved into a new place and the bathroom is a bit....dark. Black toilet. Black counter. Dark vanity. Dark red paint. No natural light. It's like walking into a black hole. I'm not up for switching out the appliances just yet, but think a coat of lighter paint and some well-chosen decorations could really help. I'm coming up a bit short on ideas though. Light green? Might be too mint chocolate chip. Gray? Maybe too monochromatic? What would your recommendation be?

Kommentarer (15)

• decoenthusiaste
    8 år sedan

It appears to be your powder room and they can be little jewel boxes with a twist of glam.Try some exciting wallpaper and new lights and jewelry (paper holder, faucet, mirror.)

COVERINGS 2013 · Mer info

Transitional Bathroom · Mer info

Royal Oaks Residence - Houston, TX · Mer info

Jewel Box Powder Room · Mer info

• Barbara Almandarz
    8 år sedan

I agree with you that the room is too dark. It's a lovely little powder room. Play up the black rather than work around it. Since you have chrome fixtures, you can add a silver metallic wallpaper. The metallic will reflect light and make the room look larger. Or you can paint stripes on the walls. Make the sink and toilet look like you selected it, not like you're living with it.If you want to introduce color, select a silver and (plum? Blue?) design.

T thanked Barbara Almandarz
  • PRO
    KHB Interiors
    8 år sedan
    Hello

Powder rooms are great for a dramatic space.

I like the ideas above for either painted stripes or wallpaper.
    Don't neglect the ceiling and be sure to treat it as well with either same or contrasting.

Black can be treated as a neutral and you can add almost any color.

Fun to work with.

Good luck. If I can be of any other help Please let me know.

KHB Interiors New Orleans.
    T thanked KHB Interiors
  • Rawketgrl
    8 år sedan

I agree, a good healthy dose of white, beige or light gray paint and it will look really nice.

It kind of looks like the lava room right now.. LOL

Hang a fun graphic art piece over the toilet and you are done!

• PRO
    Artworks by Marcine, LLC
    8 år sedan
    A decorative artist can create a jewel box feel without wallpaper. There are foils on the market that can give you a reflective quality. There are metallic plasters, and many other products out there. Don't forget, the celling is your 5th wall. You could do a subtle treatment on the walls and then add mica and lage stencil patterns on the ceiling. Hope that was of help!
  • terry toon
    8 år sedan
    It would cost about 300 dollars for a new toidy. Paint all the room except behind the toilet, then paint that area right after the black toilet is removed, just before the new one is installed. Just let the installer know what you are doing. He will have a few things to do while you are painting.
  • PRO
    FK Interior Design
    8 år sedan

Wall paper would look beautiful in this small space, if you have a very small budget try the light gray wall cover and add sparkle with beautiful accessories.

Hope this helps,

Firoozeh Khorrami

• havingfun
    8 år sedan

some things i have come across in my journeys

Leslie Hayes Interiors · Mer info

above and below, there are self stick easy remove wall papers, see you can leave the bottom dark if you like and just do the top
    Middle Park Warehouse Powder Room · Mer info
    I love this, there are other murals too. A little fun never hurts
    Portal to New York Guest Bathroom · Mer info

revive this bathroom? · Mer info
    you can add metallic tile, even self attaching kind

how about white bead board on bottom easy to do, adds a lot of white.

tree wall paper very popular

Birch Tree Wallpaper, 24" · Mer info
    birds
    Floral Bird Wallpaper · Mer info
    the tube i think
    Spaceship Hallway Wall Mural · Mer info
    bird stickers
    Guest Room -The Leeuwin · Mer info
    become a part of space
    Gas and Dust in Orion Nebula Wall Mural - 18 Inches W x 13 Inches H · Mer info
    put a glossy coat over
    Western Long Island Residence · Mer info

• susan2494
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Black & white wall paper. Add any pop of color in accessories. Or for something completely different....newspapers.

• Tammy Lawhorn
    8 år sedan
    Deco I love that jade green wallpaper with the black!! Awesome!!
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    8 år sedan
    T what colors are outside the bathroom in other rooms?
  • havingfun
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Amazon.com: stick on chalkboard: Home & Kitchen · Mer info
    make it chalkboard, and provide chalk for that intense problem solving

here is one of my favorites, remember a large mirror doubles what you have done with half the work.

Shop allen + roth Black Strippable Prepasted Classic Wallpaper at Lowes.com · Mer info
    try finding your way out of there! tehehe

• susan2494
    8 år sedan

Install a ceiling fixture, there has to be wires up there.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.