mountainponies

How do I put up curtains on corner windows without drywall in between?

Tara SK
8 år sedan

We are trying to turn our office into a nursery and we are struggling with how to limit the amount of excess light that penetrates through the blinds. The challenge: the windows cover nearly 2/3 of the room's walls, the windows go right up to the ceiling so there is no drywall either on top of the windows or in the corner joining the windows to which we could attach a curtain rod, and our co-op won't let us drill holes in the ceiling or remove the blinds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kommentarer (10)

• Tara SK
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thanks very much for your comment. Unfortunately, we can't drill holes in our ceiling and I imagine we would need to do so for these tracs.

• leelee
    8 år sedan

If you can't drill holes in the ceiling then why not make the baby's bed have it's own curtain canopy to keep the light out.

You'd probably need to use heavier/darker fabric.

• leelee
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Here's the type of rod that mounts into the ceiling. You might be able to patch holes when you move? Looks like just two small screws...

• Tara SK
    Författare
    8 år sedan

Thank you so much for your suggestions. We have radiant heat in our ceilings so drilling holes is definitely out. May consider a crib canopy...thanks!

• apple_pie_order
    8 år sedan

Check with the blind manufacturer to see if your blinds meet current child safety codes. If they don't, you have a good case to take to the condo board for replacement. Tension rods may work until the baby is strong enough to yank them down.

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    8 år sedan

I think the 90 degree corner rod will be you best option.

I have a few blog posts that may help you complete this project.

Happy Designing!

http://www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog/

• PRO
    Barn & Willow
    8 år sedan

If holes are a definite no, I would suggest using adhesive hooks. I don't know if they sell any specifically for ceilings, but I've seen them used as traditional wall mounts for curtains where holes were not an option. You may be able to use a combination of adhesive hooks and S hooks to hang some curtains. Make sure the strength rating of the hook is not exceeded by the weight of the curtain and rod. In this case, the hook can old up to 5 lbs.

Adhesive hook: http://www.amazon.com/Command-Utility-Large-5-Pound-Capacity/dp/B000FKDEIA

S hook example: http://www.amazon.com/a13030600ux0827-Plastic-Clothing-Baskets-5-Piece/dp/B00CQIC5G6/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1445302863&sr=1-1&keywords=plastic+s+hooks

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

• partim
    8 år sedan

Can you attach one end of a curtain rod to the column, and the other end to the opposite wall? Basically, you would use the column as the corner of the room. You'd be leaving some space between the curtain and the blinds, but I don't think that would matter. Rather than a traditional curtain rod, this might work best with a wire curtain rod. Ikea has one called Dignitet.

• partim
    8 år sedan

Another idea. Could you put some kind of upright piece in the corner? Something like a basement support post? You can buy them with a built in jack, and you can also get support post covers so they look like a normal support post.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.