houzzukpolls

POLL: How often do you cook at home?

HouzzUK Polls
8 år sedan

No matter where we live and how we live, in a big city or in the countryside, house or flat, sometimes it's nice to eat fresh, home-cooked meals.

There is only one drawback - you have to spend time on preparation!

Speaking honestly — there's no judgment here — how often do you cook at home?

...and if you cook at home, what's your favourite dish?

Every day
Weekends
When guests come
Never
Other - tell us below!

Kommentarer (24)

• PRO
    Chris Chapman Bespoke Kitchens & Furniture
    8 år sedan

I cook approximately 3-5 times a week depending on child, dogs and horse!

• PRO
    CreoGlass Design
    8 år sedan

I would say around 4 times a week, I like home cooking but rarely have the chance to cook every night as I spend more time working later and later these days.

• jonmuller_com
    8 år sedan
    From Italian to Thai we prefer to cook our own food.
  • stefan slater
    8 år sedan

I can't cook to save my life I cooked a meal once and it was a nightmare trouble is I'm not patient

• Emmeline Westin
    8 år sedan

@Stefan Curious to know what it was you cooked!

• stefan slater
    8 år sedan

Roast dry pork,underdone Potatoes, Stuffing Colshaw with too much Mayo on,Gravy and I can't remember what else

• Emmeline Westin
    8 år sedan

Haha, sounds delicious...

• Olena Tkach
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

Fast breakfasts and dinners on workdays (omeletes, casseroles, stir-fries, ramens, steaks - all the dishes which need just a half of hour or less to be done), bigger meals, usually including bakery and pastry, on week-ends.

• Jane Bateman
    8 år sedan
    Depending on the weather and time of year as to what's cooked!
    Getting into casserole season now!
    Slow cooked beef casserole, carrots, parsnips, onions, red wine, a few sultanas with lots of gravy is my favourite.
  • PRO
    Empatika Bespoke Fitted Furniture
    8 år sedan

Now that I have my new kitchen, I spend most of my time in there, I love it, it has renewed my love for cooking :) So most days I am in the kitchen cooking.

• Tom Flanagan
    8 år sedan

All the time! I try and cook whenever I can as I find it a really soothing and satisfying activity at the end of the day.

I'm not sure I could pick a favourite dish - I've made a butternut squash & sage butter risotto a few times when having people over which is super simple but delicious! In a recent spur to become a vegetarian, last night I made a chickpea, spinach and okra curry which was really tasty. When in doubt - Nigella...

• turquoisetree53
    8 år sedan

I have this gorgeous Straub casserole pot, and cook the most delicious meat casseroles and also great lentil dishes in it. in oven and on hob. Also love soaking beans and rice, to speed up cooking,

• Iona
    8 år sedan

Like Tom, am a veggie and cook every day. Tend to cook enough for a couple of days. Tonight having left over roast vegetables: butternut squash, sweet potato, peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, aubergines and garlic with lots of olive oil and balsamic. It was very tasty, even if I say so myself! Get a lot of inspiration from Vanilla Black's cook book.

• gilliifer
    8 år sedan

Every day, twice in the week, maybe 3 times at weekends. I work full time but love cooking and find it relaxing. I don't have a favourite meal but prefer savory food to sweet.

• barleyhill
    8 år sedan
    I'm no health nut but I do like to cook with fresh natural ingredients.I don't buy processed foods like quick dinners etc mainly because I don't want my children to be full of toxins etc and its a great way to show them how to cook which they love. Working full time I tend to prepare ahead otherwise I wouldnt be able to fit in the time to cook like I do. good planning for me is essential but worth it. there's nothing like a home cooked meal full of natural goodness and beautiful smell coming from the oven.
  • philip mills
    8 år sedan
    When I'm at home
  • Sherbert Barnes
    8 år sedan
    Cook most days - like others above, well into slow cooker season now and always have it bubbling right to the top so that I can decant into portions and freeze for later on. Have lots of crumbles in the freezer - love a blackberry and apple crumble in the middle of winter and remembering the lovely sunny days in late summer when we went out blackberrying!
    Favourite cake at the moment to cook is lemon drizzle and have had a run on cooking roasted vegetables and roast lamb for guests recently - found a lovely recipe of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, chopped rosemary and thyme for the vegetables to be marinaded in beforehand! Yummy!
  • Jackie Hales
    8 år sedan
    Only cook when I feel guilty that I haven't fed my husband for a few days lol
  • Lisa de Araujo
    8 år sedan
    Most evenings and sometimes more often at the weekends. This last weekend we went crazy with nostalgic meals: a braised beef with polenta like we used to eat in Bologna and a Mexican pork stew the day after, then an attempt to recreate my grandmother's hot milk sponge cake. My daughter and I basically spent all day in the kitchen. Bliss!
  • PRO
    Docklands Bathrooms
    8 år sedan

I cook everyday as it's the best way to know what you are putting in your body and also love cooking so it's not a chore at all!

• PRO
    Parable Designs Ltd
    8 år sedan

I usually cook at home 5 or 6 times a week, and often cook more at the weekends and freeze it for during the week.

• Holly Grand
    3 år sedan

I like cooking but don't have enough time for it. Fortunately, I have children that are trying to be independent and using rice cooker well. Lately I have been buying food for the week ahead, it's more easy than shopping everyday. Also. there are always some snacks to eat.

• PRO
    Rachel Battais Interiors ltd
    3 år sedan

I cook every other day !

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.