postalbecky22

Can you use wood veneer to cover cabinets

postalbecky22
8 år sedan
Cabinets

Kommentarer (3)

• User
    8 år sedan

You can but it is a LOT of work if you have never done it. Sand the finish to give the glue something to stick to. Contact cement (or hot glue with an iron if the veneer has it on already). Clamp till dry so no bubbles show up. Then trim the edges and apply an edge banding....

One alternative - find a cabinet door and drawer shop in your area and ask if they can recommend a carpenter that replaces doors and drawer fronts. Have them look at it and give you a bid. I used to estimate about $50 per item (some more, some less - average at $50) to buy new doors and drawers fronts and install. Either way you will need to refinish after you are done.

Hope that helps? Robert with BATHOLOGi LLC.

• PRO
    Bev Moriarty Interiors, LLC
    8 år sedan

You absolutely can! Its called re-facing and there are companies that will do this for you. I have done several kitchens this way - by refacing existing cabinet boxes and installing new doors and drawers. Its saves quite a bit of money and looks like a totally new kitchen. Check out my website as I have several pictures of this procedure and let me know if you have any other questions.

• kellybakes
    4 år sedan

With what material? I have beadboard on my cupboard doors and I need a very thin layer (about 2/8") of wood veneer to cover it. Does such a thing exist?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.